X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Spending the weekend with Isis

Well, the Isis DVD's anyway. They came ahead of the street date of this coming Tuesday.

People here always talk about how Shazam and Isis's morals are never shown. That's because they were taken out of the masters in the 1990's (according to the DVD).

What this DVD has done is to get as many moral segments as they could find through alternate sources and bootlegs and put it together with show bumpers, previews and "Shazam Isis hour" intros. Some of the footage is in less than steller condition, but kudos to BCI for compiling it.

Seeing the "Shazam Isis hour" intro again almost brought tears to my eyes!

In some of those we get a couple clips of Jackson Bostwick but it is mostly John Davey.

The episodes with Captain Marvel are indeed included on this set. Glad they were able to pull that off.

Too bad Joanna Cameron did not participate in the extras, but almost everyone else is there and the shows are there.

BTW, Mego Isis is shown in the merchandise gallery. They also show a custom Isis head, first unpainted, then painted with hair. It is unclear from the photos whether it was Mego size or not.
    Last edited by mego73; Jul 20, '07, 10:29 PM.

[email protected]
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Break out the Cap'n Crunch and enjoy some Saturday morning goodness! Have fun!
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

Sounds like another cool set to get. Surprised about JoAnna Cameron. After reading this artcile http://www.robertxgillis.com/2006/01...a-cameron.html it's seems she would have be happy to do it. I wonder if they just didn't ask.

Comment

• jemboy2004
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2005

I'm so jealous! I ordered my from Amazon but have not gotten it yet. I hope my comes in real soon.

I was really surprised when I heard she wouldn't be on the DVD. Looks like she was not contacted for some reason as she seems like she would have done it. Too bad it would have been great to have an interview with her.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Man, I haven't seen that show since I was a kid, I just may have to pick it up.
          It would be a shame that if the only reason why Joanna didn't participate was because no one thought to ask her or didn't try hard enough to locate her. That kind of thing happens more often than it should. What a missed opportunity.

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

It's a mystery. If you look at this Home Theater Forum thread (which I participated in)

Speculation runs from "she wanted too much money" to "The video company was too cheap to send a video crew to Hawaii, where she lives"

David Levine, who is involved with the video company posted in this thread too and basically contends they were ready and willing to accommodate in any reasonable way.

It could be anything from mis-communication, to her wanting too much money (I consider that unlikely), to a irreconcilable schedule conflict to a totally out of left field happening(i.e. somebody close to her sick or dead at the time)

What seemed to be the case was Joanna was hoping for the DVD to come out and hoping to participate and the video company was hoping to have her participate. I don't know what happened to cause it not to happen.

[email protected]

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

sounds like fun, I've been spending the weekend with Space Ghost, so I know how it is.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jemboy2004
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 14, 2005

If I were to take a bet on this, I would say the co. was too cheap to send anyone to Hawaii. I'm sure they think this is a gamble(and it is IMO) and are not expecting to make huge profits from the dvd sets, that's why I think they didn't want to spend any $$ to have her in it. Just my thoughts on it but I could be totally wrong too.

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

i used to love the isis show . first shazam then isis. mike

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡