X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Chris Benoit Autopsy results released

Looks like he was on lots of drugs. His wife and child tested positive for painkillers and anti-anxiety medicine

I wonder if there will be a real crack down and real drug testing in Professional wrestling?

DECATUR, Ga. - Investigators said Tuesday they found steroids and other drugs in the body of pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his wife and young son last month before hanging himself in the family’s home.

Besides steroids, Benoit’s body contained the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The GBI said Benoit tested negative for blood alcohol.

Benoit’s wife, Nancy, tested positive for Xanax, hydrocodone and the painkiller hydromorphone.

The son, Daniel Benoit had Xanax in his system, the agency said. The GBI said it could not perform tests for steroids or human growth hormones on the son because of a lack of urine.

The test results were expected to shed more light on Benoit’s last moments. Authorities said Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son in their suburban Atlanta home, placed Bibles next to their bodies and then hanged himself on the cable of a weight machine.

Anabolic steroids were found in the home, leading officials to wonder if the drugs played a role in the killings. Some experts believe steroids can cause paranoia, depression and violent outbursts known as “roid rage.”

Federal authorities have charged Benoit’s personal physician, Dr. Phil Astin, with improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit. He has pleaded not guilty.

Investigators have also raided Astin’s office several times since the deaths, seizing prescription records and other documents.

Before he was charged, Astin told the AP he prescribed testosterone for Benoit, a longtime friend, in the past. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed when Benoit visited his office June 22, the day authorities believe Benoit killed his wife.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?
  • kingcarm
    That Ape Guy
    • Sep 7, 2001

No surprise.
    Carm

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I was gonna say the same thing,no surprise to me either
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

He could have crushed up the Xanax and slipped it into his wife and child's food, beverage, etc. Although it is considered an anti anxiety drug it can create extreme drowsiness especially depending on the dose. So he could have very well have used it to get them to sleep before the murders.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I hope he's frying in hell right now.
          sigpic

Comment

• Zemo
            Still Smokin'
            • Feb 14, 2006

Also on the report: His johnson seemed to have completly disappeared!

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Gee, a depressed wrestler on steroids and painkillers! SHOCKING.

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

A wrestler on drugs... SHOCKING... the world will never be the same again
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎