Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Well, my first initial is "J" and my last name is "DeRouen," and when you put them together...

I've been online, first on CompuServe and then on BBSes, since the early 80's. I've had many handles - Druid, Shadow Mage, Mage, among others - but my e-mail has always been jderouen@whatever, so I just started using that on boards as well.
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

As I said before,I'm not very original.

Comment

• ABMAC
        User
        • May 16, 2002

ABMAC was my horse's name when I rode for the Central Overland California and Pikes Peak Express Company back in the 1860s.

Comment

• gman
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 4, 2002

While in college I waited tables, (about the time of the movie Top Gun) we Iceman, Goose, T-bone, Bone-Daddy and I was G-man... If you sat in my station you were in the "G-Spot". It just seemed to be the first thing that popped up when I registered here.
          Don't be sorry. How would you know? You've been watching MTV all your life.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Mine's no Mystery...BATMAN is My favorite Character!
            sigpic

Comment

• Grendel
              Museum Super Collector
              • Apr 21, 2006

I live in the bone-cave.

With a display case for my Megos, naturally.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I just picked one of my favorite silver age comic heroes, Charlton's Thunderbolt http://internationalhero.co.uk/c/charthun.htm
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megospidey
                  Museum Webslinger
                  • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  I just picked one of my favorite silver age comic heroes, Charlton's Thunderbolt http://internationalhero.co.uk/c/charthun.htm

tbolt, have you ever made him as a custom?? If so, post a pic!

Comment

• Chris DVM
                    Veterinarian Member
                    • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by ABMAC
                    ABMAC was my horse's name when I rode for the Central Overland California and Pikes Peak Express Company back in the 1860s.
                    Hey,
                    Wow. Didn't realize you were that young after meeting you. (LOL)
                    Chris DVM
                    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Here is the re-telling of my alter ego, just for you.Fallen saviour is what I go by.A long time ago in a galaxy far away.....Wait a minute wrong story.
                      Many years ago I was an ambulance attendant=(savior).
                      Bad things happened in my life(divorce).At the time I just gave up on people in general,and felt that they (humanity)were not deserving of my skills and efforts(as I say this was a long time ago).So I walked away from the one thing I truly loved saving lives.Started drinking and being angry with the world=(fallen)(**I have not been like this for well over 11 years**)
                      When I went to log the name fallen savior on some other sites it was taken.Being Canadian I figured I would add the (U) making saviour much like the american versus canadian color/colour.Blammo fallensaviour was created just stuck with it ever since.
                      And there you have it...
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• garagesale
                        Dept. of Mego Studies
                        • Aug 8, 2006

Originally posted by txteach
                        the greatest state in our Union, Texas .
                        Yes, John! The land of my birth (Dallas, Parkland Hospital--born there the same day JFK died there, they made my mom wait outside the ER for security reasons).

I'm garagesale--based on a short play I wrote about Megos once. It was the thing that brought me into collecting them.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• txteach
                          Banned
                          • Jun 17, 2005

WOW James thats pretty cool. Glad your mom wasn't on the grassy knoll giving birth.

Comment

• Hornet of Doom
                            Licensed Clown Head Pilot
                            • Jul 21, 2005

My original name was Parasite Hornet, which sounded like a good super villain to me (The Parasite was for the ability to leech life, and Hornet is 1) my spirit animal, and 2) my high school mascot...) After I got called a parasite by someone close to me, I dropped the parasite and went with Hornet of Doom, since adding "Of Doom" was funny for a few weeks a few years ago. About a month ago, I decided to go by Hornet Mk2, since I went through a serious change and decided to reinvent myself. I still go by Hornet of Doom on here though. Naturally.
                            She strode into the alley surrounded by a cloud of razor blades, ready to mete out indiscriminate righteousness on whosoever happened to catch her glowing green eye. "Alright," she said, her too-wide mouth twisting into a grin, "Who wants to be meted upon first?"

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

My last name is Meuleman, but everyone calls me Meule
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• HardyGirl
                                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                                • Apr 3, 2007

Since I'm the one who started that other post about screen name origins, I'll just repeat my answer.

I am a MAJOR Shaun Cassidy fan. I have a website (see profile), and I've had the great fortune to see and speak to Shaun in person, 4 times. He's a real sweetheart. So since he is the ultimate Hardy Boy, it's only fitting that I dub myself The HardyGirl.
                                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎