Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domino
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 16, 2007

I am sorry to hear about your loss. We have 6 cats so I know how quickly they become part of your family. I wish you the best.

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

Thanks for all the kind words. Still have one more cat to take care of and who knows, might get another one someday. I don't want to spring a new cat too soon onto the remaining one though.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by mego73
        She had good luck with her health, until about a couple years ago. She had a stubborn uriniary tract infection. Soon after we get the infection cleared up, we discovered she was going through renal (kidney) failure.

After that diagnosis, through special diet, tender loving care and a new suppliment that is supposed to support renal function we kept her going relatively well for at least a year(probabaly a year and a half). She was functioning and happy.

But this week, it all changed. We think it was partially triggered by hot weather but maybe it just was her time. She was not eating and not drinking very much and was widthdrawn.

She was already below weight because of her condition but this week had taken an additional pound off of her.

So, we had her put down.
        I went through the exact same thing, my doggie, Kato, also had renal failure, and was put down at age 16 a few months ago.

I'm so sorry for you loss, it's tough, but she lived a good long life, and she didn't not suffer, and always remember how good she made you feel.

I don't mean to intrude, but I personally had Kato cremated, and his ashes are encased in this really cool little wooden box (he was an 8-pound miniature pinscher) with a nice plaque displaying his name and my last name under his, it rests on top of my desk (with a custom Mego of myself), it's a good feeling being able to still "pat" him on the back everyday.

Always remember the good times you had with Ginger.
        Last edited by Hector; Jul 1, '07, 3:24 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
          I went through the exact same thing, my doggie, Kato, also had renal failure, and was put down at age 16 a few months ago.

I'm so sorry for you loss, it's tough, but she lived a good long life, and she didn't not suffer, and always remember how good she made you feel.

I don't mean to intrude, but I personally had Kato cremated, and his ashes are encased in this really cool little wooden box (he was an 8-pound miniature pinscher) with a nice plaque displaying his name and my last name under his, it rests on top of my desk (with a custom Mego of myself), it's a good feeling being able to still "pat" him on the back everyday.

Always remember the good times you had with Ginger.
          That's real cool to keep him there in some form!

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

I too am sorry to hear about your loss. We had to put our 18 year old cat Mona down this past winter. She had cancer and it just got so bad for her that we couldn't stand to watch her suffer any longer. I think it was the right thing to do for her, but it's still a very sad thing to cope with. I certainly feel your pain. Please, take care.

Mona:

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• mego73
              Printed paperboard Tiger
              • Aug 1, 2003

Sounds like Mona was a great cat

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎