Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, my list has changed. And since others are bundling when they want, I will too. WE ALL BUNDLE...

1. Superman: The Movie
    2. Dark Knight Trilogy
    3. Avengers
    4. Captain America: The First Avenger
    5. Superman II
    6. Amazing Spider-Man
    7. Iron Man
    8. X-Men:First Class
    9. Batman (1989)
    10. Iron Man 2

That's as of 8:33 today. It will probably change tomorrow, although my top 5 or so won't.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Wrong section. Sorry for the gaff.
      Last edited by Blue Meanie; Jul 31, '12, 8:10 PM.

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

amazing how my list has changed thanks to the Marvel films. For the record I still like Superman Returns but it has moved way down the list because the recent stuff has been so good. I am in the minority I don't like the Nolan trilogy as a whole but I do like batman begins but it's now on the second tier. I need to let The Amazing Spiderman sink in a bit I liked it, but not as much as Raimi's so it may not be one I can watch alot (like Ed Norton's Hulk, thor, & Iron man 2 good but I only needed to watch it once). Dc's new films have a big climb to move up the list

10 Rocketer
        9 X-men
        8 Captain America First Avenger
        7 Watchmen
        6 Spiderman (Raimi 2000)
        5 Iron Man
        4 Batman Mask of the Phantasm
        3 Batman 1989
        2 Avengers
        1 Superman The Movie
        Last edited by jds1911a1; Aug 1, '12, 7:22 AM.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
          I'm the Star Spangled Man
          • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Okay, my list has changed. And since others are bundling when they want, I will too. WE ALL BUNDLE...
          Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes those commercials!
          sigpic
          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
            Updated list! For anybody who cares.

1. The Avengers (2012) – 9.8

2. The Dark Knight (2008) - 9.3

3. Iron Man (2008) – 9.25

4. Batman Begins (2005) - 9.1

5. Thor (2011) - 9

6. X2: X-Men United (2003) - 8.9

7. Daredevil: Extended Cut (2004) - 8.85

8. Spider-Man 2.1 - (2007) - 8.84

9. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - 8.8

10. Spider-Man 2 (2004) - 8.79

Honorable mentions:

The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 8.7
            Iron Man 2 (2010) – 8.69
            Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - 8.65
            Spider-Man 3 (8.64)
            Superman Returns (8.6)
            Spider-Man (8.55)
            Green Lantern (8.5)
            Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - (8.49)
            Fantastic Four (8.45)
            The Punisher (8.45)
            Hulk (8.4)
            Batman Returns (1992) – 8.35
            Daredevil (8.3)
            Elektra (8.25)
            Punisher: War Zone (8.25)
            Ghost Rider (8)
            Batman (1989) - 8
            Batman Forever (1995) - 7
            Batman and Robin (1997) - 5

Movies I haven't seen:

Superman: The Motion Picture, Superman II, Superman II: The Ricard Donner Cut, Superman III, Superman IV: The Queast for Peace, X-Men: First Class, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises.
            Updated again!

1. Marvel Cinematic Universe (The Avengers)
            2. The X-Men Saga (X3: The Last Stand)
            3. Nolan's Batman Trilogy (Batman Begins)
            4. Rami's Spider-Man Trilogy (Spider-Man 2.1)
            5. The Superman Saga (Superman: The Motion Picture)
            6. The Batman Saga (Batman Returns)
            7. Dardevil: Directors Cut
            8. Green Lantern
            9. The Amazing Spider-Man
            10. The Fantastic 4 Duology (Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer)
            Last edited by Operation:Mego; Nov 27, '12, 8:12 PM. Reason: What the hell? I bundled
            sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

Suprised i havent done this one.

1. Conan (I love fantasy films and hes such a anti-hero.)
              2. Superman (Good solid film. Not suprised some think this is one of the best films ever)
              3. Spiderman (Think the Raimi film is still the best of all the spideys)
              4. Ironman (Fun film, wild ride)
              5. Avengers (I was skeptical, but it was good)
              6. Thor (Solid film)
              7. Rockateer (a fine film that still holds up)
              8. Xmen: First class (blows the ones before away)
              9. Flash Gordon serials (Buster Crabbe and the special effects keep bringing me back)
              10. Batman Returns (enjoyable film , IMO)

Special mention: Fantastic Four from Roger Cormen. Not that I think its great; its just a interesting film to watch.

Maybe Masters of the Universe (since it has alot of New Gods in it)

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

What is TRULY astounding is if you really think about it, the really good superhero movies (of the last decade) all owe their existence to the first X-MEN movie, which, while a good movie, is nowhere near as good as it should/could have been! Superman: The Movie is, of course, the grand daddy of superhero movies (and rightly so---think of the amount of practical work that went into that thing!). BATMAN '89 resuscitated the genre up until it's fourth installment came pretty darn close to killing it completely. X-MEN re-opened the door on the genre just a little bit by grounding superheroes in the real world, then SPIDER-MAN came along in 2002 and basically kicked that door down and it's been pretty much a wild ride since then. Have there been a few duds along the way? Yeah, that's to be expected in almost any genre, but by and large, probably a good 75% of films based off of superheroes have been exceptionally well done...
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

The biggest disappointment to me: Fantastic Four.

The cast didnt fit and believe they could have done a much better job. Rise of the SS was an improvement, but still it could have been better.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Agreed. FF suffered the sin of 20th Century Fox wanting to rush another comic book property to the big screen in doing so, they COMPLETELY screwed the pooch! FANTASTIC FOUR was Marvel's flagship title for so long that, as a film, it should have had a scope and power that would have made even THE AVENGERS crawl away in shame. I thought they did an okay job of casting Johnny (although his character's narcissistic tendencies get very annoying upon multiple viewings of the first film) and I thought Michael Chiklis casting as Ben Grimm was pretty close to spot on. Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba were REALLY poor casting choices for the respective parts of Reed Richards and Susan Storm. They had ZERO chemistry with one another and Susan's intimated "relationship" with Von Doom was just ridiculous! Speaking of Doom, I really didn't have a problem with Julian McMahon playing the role, but the people who worked on the movie evidently had NO idea that Doom is pretty much the mack daddy of villains in the MU and therefore should NOT be dealt with lightly...
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

So I just watched Superman Returns for the first time in a few years. I originally only liked teh section from teh bar scee to the baseball stadium. However, I liked it from beginning to end now.

Going through the votes in this thread I see that many of you picked this in the top ten.

The story writing is at least as good as thw 78-80 films (just back then we were young and either didn't care or didn't get it when plot details sucked)

I could do without super baby but really it started in superman 2. The actress for LOis was terrible but other than that, i now give it my stamp of approval.

PS the shuttle 3D sequence is to date the best use of modern 3D

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

Superman: The Movie will likely always be my favorite super hero film for sentimental reasons and because so much of it still holds up today. From the opening right up through his first night as the man of steel montage, it's a pretty perfect movie, to me. The biggest flaw is Otis being so silly and Luthor being camp. Sure the ending makes absolutely no scientific sense, but it does work emotionally at least for me.

I'm going to watch it again tomorrow because it was 34 years ago this weekend that I saw it as a kid. It'll always be a Christmas movie to me because that's the season when I saw it.

2 Avengers
                        3 DarkKnight
                        4 Iron Man
                        5 Amazing Spider-Man
                        6 Captain America
                        7 SupermanII
                        8 Batman Begins
                        9 X-Men First Class
                        10 X-Men II
                        Last edited by madmarva; Dec 23, '12, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

DC:

1. Superman II - Somehow even better than the first one.
                          2. Superman: TMP - Amazing, just simply amazing.
                          3. Batman Begins - The perfect Batman origin movie.
                          4. Green Lantern - Great action, acting, and effects.
                          5. The Dark Knight Rises - Epic conclusion to the trilogy.
                          6. Superman Returns - A great return for Big Blue to the silver screen.
                          7. The Dark Knight - Great acting and action, but filled with too many plot holes.
                          8. A History of Violence - Very suspenseful and filled with surprising twists.
                          9. Superman IV - Bad special effects, but it returns Superman to a more serious storyline.
                          10. The Spirit - Underrated, though the film it has it's moments.

I haven't seen Watchmen, Superman II: TRDC, or RED yet, so the list will probably change once I finally do see them. Then Man of Steel will come out, GL2, JL, etc, etc.
                          Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 10, '13, 7:00 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                            DC:

1. Superman II - Somehow even better than the first one.
                            2. Superman: TMP - Amazing, just simply amazing.
                            3. Batman Begins - The perfect Batman origin movie.
                            4. Green Lantern - Great action, acting, and effects.
                            5. The Dark Knight Rises - Epic conclusion to the trilogy.
                            6. Superman Returns - A great return for Big Blue to the silver screen.
                            7. The Dark Knight - Great acting and action, but filled with too many plot holes.
                            8. A History of Violence - Very suspenseful and filled with surprising twists.
                            9. The Spirit - Though underrated, the film it has it's moments.
                            10. Superman IV - Bad special effects, but it returns Superman to a more serious storyline.

I haven't seen Watchmen or RED yet, so the list will probably change once I finally do see them. Then Man of Steel will come out, etc, etc.
                            Wow, O:M, not a single MARVEL entry on your list?? Hmmm. Do I sense a dyed-in-the-wool DC fan here...? :smiley:

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                              Wow, O:M, not a single MARVEL entry on your list?? Hmmm. Do I sense a dyed-in-the-wool DC fan here...? :smiley:
                              Look back a few pages, I already did a Marvel list. This time it was all DC.
                              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Here's my list:

1) Spider-man 2 - This will likely remain my favorite of all time. Perfect Doc Ock and the struggles Spidey worked through felt about as close to the comics as it will ever get.
                                2) Superman: The Movie - Like the above, this film perfectly captures the heart of this hero. I don't think it will ever be duplicated.
                                3) The Avengers - Never did I believe a comic on this scale would ever see the light of day on the big screen. Or be told with such competence. Joss Whedon, you will always have my respect.
                                4) The Dark Knight trilogy - I have to place all of them together because, in my mind, they are that important. This is the first series of movies that goes beyond the surface image of Batman and explores his origins and the ramifications of embracing the cape and cowl. A thoughtful and engaging series. There will never be another one like it.
                                5) Spider-man - What can I say? I love Spider-man. And this breakout film was a joyous occasion. My only complaint was the robo-Gobby. But Willem DeFoe did such an amazing job as Norman Osborn, it just bled right through that failed costume and brought the Goblin to life anyway. Props to Mr. DeFoe for bringing to life a bad costume.
                                6) Batman '89 - In my mind, this will always be the film that launched audiences into the modern day myth of superheroes. It took re-imagining Batman beyond the camp of the '66 series for Hollywood (and society) to understand there could be a serious interpretation. And once that mold was cast, Hollywood has never looked back.
                                7) Iron Man - Whoever thought Hollywood could pull off a thoughtful and witty interpretation of this character? And could Robert Downey Jr. ever have imagined the reversal of his fortunes upon accepting this role? Truly a star was born.
                                8) Conan - A great film that established Schwarzenegger before the Terminator films. He also had an amazingly close resemblance to John Buscema's illustrations in the comics. I'm excited to see they will finally do a "true" sequel to this original film.
                                9) Superman II - There was something very emotional about seeing Superman beat up by a truck driver at a truck stop. You could champion him when he was truly down and out. Hollywood never should have forgotten that lesson.
                                10) The Phantom - While simple in execution, it retains that innocence about the comic that will never be seen again. Plus big Kudos for allowing the Phantom to look pretty much as he should. No rubber pads in that suit. A good example of literal translation from comic strip to film. Billy Zane will always be the Phantom in my eyes. Great work!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎