X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

MCU: The Marvels

Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel has reclaimed her identity from the tyrannical Kree and taken revenge on the Supreme Intelligence. But unintended consequences see Carol shouldering the burden of a destabilized universe. When her duties send her to an anomalous wormhole linked to a Kree revolutionary, her powers become entangled with that of Jersey City super-fan Kamala Khan, aka Ms. Marvel, and Carol's estranged niece, now S.A.B.E.R. astronaut Captain Monica Rambeau.
    Boyfriend & I saw The Marvels today and really liked it. The first showing was in 3D but somebody didn't have it set right because some of the background was fuzzy. We are going to go back next week to rewatch regular version.

Do not listen to the "women-haters" out there, the movie was fun and interesting. Loved seeing the heroes work together as a team. Yes, there are a few bonus scenes that do set up the MCU so stayed tuned.

Yes. it does help if you are a proper Marvel geek and watched Captain Marvel, Avengers Endgame, WandaVision & Mrs. Marvel but they do enough recap for those who haven't.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

So, you're not a member of The He-Man Woman Haters Club?

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Even though I have been dating males since the 80's, I have no problem with women.

I got home and already some of the comic book websites reviewers where talking how awful it was. Both of us loved it and that is coming from my BF who's only knows them from the movies/tv series and then there me who still has the original Mrs. Marvel comics and Monica Rambeau 1st appearance in The Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

Might see it Tuesday night. Wonder if MARCUS makes an appearance.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
          Career Member
          • May 14, 2007

I'm glad they did some recapping because I never watched WandaVision and fell alseep watching Endgame. I did love the Mrs. Marvel series so I need to watch The Marvels mostly for her.
          Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Dannyc
            • Feb 6, 2023

Didnt have much interest leading up to this (kind of borderline marvel fatigued...enjoyed GG3 but hated Quantumania) but, thought it was a pretty fun movie overall. Thought the villian was extremely formulaic (I was actually gonna type forgettable but the spell checks recommendation got it right too lol) but fortunately she was kind of an afterthought anyway.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

Saw it tonight and it was okay. Very fast paced and the effects were good. The story was a bit Naff, enjoyed seeing Kamala and family again.

If I ever see a bloody cat again...

My overall problem is not so much the character of Carol Danvers, but how she has been written and portrayed in the comics since she has become "Captain Marvel".

She will never be Mar-Vell and I place the blame on the editors and writers for the Cultural Appropriation of the kree warrior. Yeah, I know she in her last series she was revealed as a "Kree" ( CAR-ELL). (REALLY?!!?).

I have back issues of her 1970's Ms. Marvel series and I enjoyed it. And as for Monica Rambeau...

Loved her. I have since Amazing Spider man annual 16. When she joined the Avengers in the 80's it was perfect. When she inquired about the previous Captain Mar-Vell, Jarvis plays for her his memoirs that he recorded before he passed away.

She has more right to the name as she never claimed to be Kree and have any connection to Mar-Vell. I do wish that they call her PHOTON or SPECTRUM.

Check out the NEXT WAVE maxi series ahe was in from some years ago

As for the end clip, I will look forward to the NEW version of ******

Oh and I was right! MARCUS was in the film!!!!

How do I know? He WORE Scarlett!!!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

The movie was terrible in almost every respect.
                The quality of the MCU output continues to decline.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

I don't know what to say about the MCU. For someone that was so excited by it in the beginning, I think I have now waived off on seeing just over half of the movies at this point and I have struggled with the Disney shows, usually departing after an episode or two, if I bother at all. Same goes for Star Wars. I just reckon it's because I am the same age my grandfather was when Star Wars came out and that might just be all there is to it.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

Well, The Marvels are now on Disney+ and as suspected people over at twitter/x who did not watch this at the theater are now saying they should have. This is why you do not just go by a review's comments. We do our best to support our local theater, but its not like we go every week.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Dannyc
                      • Feb 6, 2023

Yep, 2nd viewing, just as enjoyable.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Finally watched it with the fam on Disney Plus, and we really enjoyed it. Regret not seeing it in the theater, the first MCU film we missed. I liked it better than Thor: Love and Thunder and the Eternals, which I DID see in cinemas.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

i finally watched as well. i found it to be a fun movie. not worth seeing in theaters but still a fun ride

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

It was okay. One time viewing for me. I probably won’t ever watch it again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎