X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

MY TURN!!!!

I didn't watch the doc, I have no idea what Streaming is and no one seem to want to tell me???

And even if I did I only have cable and can't afford streaming. But I digress...

From year and years of reading ALTER EGO magazine it seems from those who have worked with Jack, Stan & Ditko have all differing opinions, Some good and positive for all three, some negative and sour on all three. The fact of the matter is all three were there when it all happened,

I have been very lucky to (sporadically) attend Mark Evanier's KIRBY PANEL at San Diego off and off from 1999 to 2016. Since Mark was Kirby's assistant he is obviously gonna support his mentor/friend/boss. One year Stan the Man came in the back door mid-panel surprising everyone, ( Goddamn the man is soo SKINNY!!) He proceeded to tell everyone how wonderful and great Jack was and without him there would be no MU.

So yeah, people are gonna have their opinions and as always, there are three sides to every story, HIS, YOURS and What REALLY HAPPENED!

And now for this...

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
      Career Member
      • Jun 8, 2015

IMG_20230701_171050930.jpg

SO! DID STAN CREATE these himself or was it collaboration or was it not?????

(Stoopid Camera)
      Last edited by Jorge Galvan; Jul 1, '23, 5:42 PM.

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

I think what rankles Kirby and Ditko fans is that the “story of Stan” has been told and retold so many times, from his perspective, that it’s accepted as canon by the general public and after this generation is gone, no one will know any better. Only die-hard comic book nerds know that other story.

I too believe that the greatest evidence is in what Lee created before Kirby and Ditko got there, and what he created after they left.

That said, the zeitgeist of the Marvel explosion wouldn’t have happened without Lee playing the part of exceptional carnival barker. His creation of a cozy bullpen and his ability to draw folks away from DC worked in a big way, so you wouldn’t have had that without him.

I know he had to say the things he said to protect the company’s IP, I just wish Kirby and Ditko, the creative geniuses, didn’t get such a short shrift.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

The line that gets thrown around these days is: "Stan Lee's greatest creation is Stan Lee."

That's a statement I can stand behind. Plenty of room for nuance and entendre, while also giving nod to that ambassadorial rizz he was famous for.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎