• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I Though I Was Supposed To Not Know These Shows Existed

How many do you know about?

I came across this YouTube video with the below title. I actually knew 7 of these shows and have seen most of their episodes. I thought I would've known less, having given up interest in superheroes for a couple decades. I guess with most of them being post'99, the year I revived my dormant superhero interest, I should've known better.

Top 10 Marvel TV Shows You Didn't Know Existed
    Marvel is a multimedia giant, but there are still some TV shows from the House of Ideas you may not know about. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of th...

Blade: The Series (2006) - I didn't hate this and watching Jill Wagner wasn't so bad.
    Hulk Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (2013) - Did hate this, yet watched every episode.
    Powers (2015) - Knew of this but never saw it. I think I need to hunt it down. It looks good
    Black Panther (2010) - Had o idea about this one or where it aired.
    Marvel Anime (2010) - I accidentally came across this and set my DVR to record. I've never been a big anime fan so maybe that's why I didn't like. But I watched it.
    Spider-Woman (1979) - Absolutely remember this show. I didn't really like but, back then, beggars can't be choosers.
    The Avengers: United They Stand (1999) - The Avengers was my favorite book as a kid so I jumped on this. It was not good.
    Night Man (1997) - Never heard of it. Don't think I missed much.
    Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers (2014) - Another I've never heard of. Like the Labradoodle, it shouldn't have been combined.
    The Amazing Spider-Man (1977) - I don't care if I can see the stage hands throwing his "web" from behind him. I oved this show!
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

I knew all existed. The Black Panther show you didn't know aired on BET, and came on the heels of BET Exec Reggie Hudlin writing the Black Panther comic for a few years.

Nightman was a syndicated series based on the Malibu Ultraverse character and hit the airwaves in the late 90 in that wave of syndicated genre shows like Andomeda, Beastmaster, Conan, etc. that usually aired on Saturday afternoons or early evening.

I actually had a couple of the action figures orm Avengers United They Stand.

I haven't seen any of Powers (never had Playstation TV), Marvel Anime or Disk Wars, but saw at least an episode or two of everything else.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I remember really liking the Spider-Woman cartoon as a kid.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

Blade: The Series (2006)
        Was a good show, I wish it had keep going to include Werewolf by Night & Moon Knight

Hulk Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (2013) Cartoon series about Hulk family. It was a fun show.

Powers (2015) An Non-Marvel universe series.

Black Panther (2010) part of the Marvel Knights series that was the reincarnation of The Marvel Super Heroes moving comic books

Marvel Anime (2010) a Mini universe down in Anime with Iron Man, Blade, X-Men, Wolverine

Spider-Woman (1979) Spinoff from 1960s Spider-Man series but different from the comic book.

The Avengers: United They Stand (1999) was supposed to belong to the Marvel 90's Animated Universe with X-Men, ron Iron Man, F4, Incredible Hulk, Spiderman TAS

Night Man (1997) Part of the Malibu Universe, I watched the series and thought it was a decent show for what they had to deal with.

Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers (2014) A Japanese show that included lots of characters, but the show was strange combing it with other Japanese battle games
        and of co

The Amazing Spider-Man (1977) The first Marvel Live Action tv series where he didn't fight any Spidey-villains.

And yes I have watched them all.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Night Man was bananas; he teamed up with Manimal!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Wee67
            How many do you know about?

I came across this YouTube video with the below title. I actually knew 7 of these shows and have seen most of their episodes. I thought I would've known less, having given up interest in superheroes for a couple decades. I guess with most of them being post'99, the year I revived my dormant superhero interest, I should've known better.

Top 10 Marvel TV Shows You Didn't Know Existed
            Marvel is a multimedia giant, but there are still some TV shows from the House of Ideas you may not know about. For this list, we’ll be looking at some of th...

Blade: The Series (2006) - I didn't hate this and watching Jill Wagner wasn't so bad.
            Hulk Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (2013) - Did hate this, yet watched every episode.
            Powers (2015) - Knew of this but never saw it. I think I need to hunt it down. It looks good
            Black Panther (2010) - Had o idea about this one or where it aired.
            Marvel Anime (2010) - I accidentally came across this and set my DVR to record. I've never been a big anime fan so maybe that's why I didn't like. But I watched it.
            Spider-Woman (1979) - Absolutely remember this show. I didn't really like but, back then, beggars can't be choosers.
            The Avengers: United They Stand (1999) - The Avengers was my favorite book as a kid so I jumped on this. It was not good.
            Night Man (1997) - Never heard of it. Don't think I missed much.
            Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers (2014) - Another I've never heard of. Like the Labradoodle, it shouldn't have been combined.
            The Amazing Spider-Man (1977) - I don't care if I can see the stage hands throwing his "web" from behind him. I oved this show!
            Once we get to the 1999, I knew of some of these shows, but I never watched them. I was never a big fan of 90s and later Marvel Animation.

I used to TRY and get up early on Saturday mornings to catch Spider-Woman, which was broadcast on a UHF station, or from Canada, so it was always a challenge to get it to come it unstatic-y. I tried to re-watch the series on Disney+. My daughter, never a fan of my old shows, took one look and said, "This is bad". I had to agree and could not get past a few episodes.

I remember Night Man. It wasn't bad. I liked the comic book and the Malibu titles in general, so it was fun seeing a cartoon based on one of their comics.

The Amazing Spider-Man (1977)... BWAHAHA!... ... but I loved that show as a kid. Anything Spider-Man or Batman and I was hooked.

I don't remember Powers or Blade: The Series. Or Marvel Disk Wars.

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
              I knew all existed. The Black Panther show you didn't know aired on BET, and came on the heels of BET Exec Reggie Hudlin writing the Black Panther comic for a few years.
              That's very interesting. The animation looks like an updated version of the 60s Marvel cartoons but I expect that was intentional (the style, not the unintentional homage).

Originally posted by palitoy
              Night Man was bananas; he teamed up with Manimal!
              Now THAT makes me want to head back to YouTube!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I'm surprised the 1981 solo Spider-Man animated series wasn't on this list. I find a lot of people never saw it, or didn't see it when it originally aired in syndication. Channel 19 out of Cincinnati did what Marvel Animation intended stations to do, and used it to refresh the 60s Spider-Man package. I preferred this series to the slightly goofier Amazing Friends, although I liked both!
                sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I'm surprised the 1981 solo Spider-Man animated series wasn't on this list. I find a lot of people never saw it, or didn't see it when it originally aired in syndication. Channel 19 out of Cincinnati did what Marvel Animation intended stations to do, and used it to refresh the 60s Spider-Man package. I preferred this series to the slightly goofier Amazing Friends, although I liked both!
                  The '81 solo Spider-Man show was a good series. I rewatched the whole thing on region 2 DVD a few years ago. I particularly like how Doctor Doom was a recurring villain in the show.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    That is surprising. I didn't know about that series until decades later. It was definitely better than several of the shows listed.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

The 1981 Spider-Man series was tied in with the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends & Hulk went aired back in Marvel Action Universe,
                      Marvel Action Universe ad 1.jpgMarvel Action Universe comic book.jpg
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                        The 1981 Spider-Man series was tied in with the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends & Hulk went aired back in Marvel Action Universe,
                        It's interesting that I have no memory of the of watching Spider-Man when it aired in '81, but I have very clear memories of and his Amazing Friends. Perhaps, I just mashed them into one show in my memory.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

81 Spider-Man was originally in syndication, while S-M&HAM was on NBC Saturday Mornings, so it's no wonder some folks don't remember these, or their memories are foggy. Episodes of the series made them on various series of Marvel video tapes that were offered in the mid-80s to the early-90s.
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I didn't see that 81 Spider-Man until Marvel put a few out on VHS.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎