Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMegoGuy
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 26, 2014

Here is my guess/pitch for how the season ends: Wanda makes a deal with Mephisto to restore Vision completely. In exchange, she has to give up ever being an Avenger, rewriting history so she never turned good or met Vision. This creates a "House of M" type new universe in which Pietro never died (similar to how Peter's deal with Mephisto undid Harry's death in the comics). In this new universe, Wanda and Pietro are revealed to be members of the Brotherhood of Mutants alongside Magneto, introducing mutants into the MCU.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Favorite line from this episode,Wanda:What happened to your accent? Pietro:What happened to yours?

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I get a chuckle and a roll my the eyes when I read some comments online hating on the MCU Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and praising the X-Men movie/WandaVision show Quicksilver (Evan Peters). Saying stuff like Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s Quicksilver was slow and too old. Slow and too old? The Avengers Quicksilver was more in line with the Marvel Comics version. Quicksilver never had Flash speed. With Flash, we talk light-speed, with Quicksilver, we talk Mach-speed. Also, Arron Taylor-Johnson is 30 years old, 4 years younger than Evan Peters, lol. The X-Men movie Quicksilver was way too fast, showcasing Flash-type speeds. I call that comic book cheating. Sorry, but Quicksilver is nowhere near as fast as the Flash. If he is now, it must’ve been only just created for the movies or some recent comic book storyline. I wouldn’t know, since I don’t read comic books anymore, even less the newer ones.
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^It happens. The MCU upped Captain America's strength to super-human. He was only "peak of human perfection" in the comics before, although you can argue they fudged that as stories demanded it. But the comic Cap could have never held onto a helicopter and brought it down like Evans did in the films. Not that I'm complaining, I loved the upgrade myself.

The two Quicksilvers are valid interpretations I think. Peters' version is ostensibly more of a jerk like Pietro is usually portrayed in the comics, although they make him a slacker jerk, not a stick-up-his-butt jerk. Taylor-Johnson's speed is definitely more in keeping with the "not-Flash" speed of the comics, though. He seems more likeable than any version of Pietro we've seen, but he only had very limited screen time, so who knows.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Can't wait to see if there's a new waitress in next week's episode.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

More questions than answers with this episode. I gotta give it up for the writers and producers cause I still have zero solid ideas where this is going, only theory and speculation.

It would be unlike Marvel to simply introduce a new villain at the end that we haven't seen before. I have only three thoughts on what's coming.

Heyward is actually Ultron. It would explain an obsession over Vision. And, we never actually saw Vision kill Ultron, they pulled the camera back. "I don't want to kill Ultron, he's unique and in pain." He may have left some form of him alive.

Wanda is the villain. We've been told she is a major part of the next Dr. Strange film. What if she's his antagonist? That could be a cool twist.

Or, they actually go the Mephisto/Nightmare route. That Luke Skywalker moment? How about Kneuau Reeves as the dark demon? That would definitely be some Paul Bettany hasn't worked with that made him geek out.

I'm probably soooooo way off but the guessing game is kinda fun.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I don't think the big surprise will be a new villain or anything. I think its going to be someone established and in the MCU proper or from the Xmen movies. Jackman would fit the Luke Skywalker surprise level as would Patrick Stewart. Bettany hasn't worked with either but has worked with both Magneto actors. He hasn't actually appeared on screen with Cumberbatch either.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Heyward is actually Ultron. It would explain an obsession over Vision. And, we never actually saw Vision kill Ultron, they pulled the camera back. "I don't want to kill Ultron, he's unique and in pain." He may have left some form of him alive.
                  Oooh, I like this Scott. I kept wondering if Ultron would ever show back up, because that ending with him and Vision is so vague. But honestly, I kind of forgot about him, and despite rewatching Age of Ultron before Wandavision began, I still didn't think of him!

I'm honestly not sure how any of this is going to go. Evan Peters appearing as Quicksilver does make me wonder if Jackman or maybe MacAvoy may come looking for him. MacAvoy is young, so they could continue to use him as an anchor for a new batch of X-Men films/characters.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Not sure if Heyward is Ultron but I wonder if maybe he has Ultron on some kind of backup? Maybe that could be the file Darcy said she couldn't hack?

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Random Axe
                      More questions than answers with this episode. I gotta give it up for the writers and producers cause I still have zero solid ideas where this is going, only theory and speculation.

It would be unlike Marvel to simply introduce a new villain at the end that we haven't seen before. I have only three thoughts on what's coming.

Wanda is the villain. We've been told she is a major part of the next Dr. Strange film. What if she's his antagonist? That could be a cool twist.

Or, they actually go the Mephisto/Nightmare route. That Luke Skywalker moment? How about Kneuau Reeves as the dark demon? That would definitely be some Paul Bettany hasn't worked with that made him geek out.

I'm probably soooooo way off but the guessing game is kinda fun.
                      I think Heyward is the antagonist.

Maybe Ultron. Maybe Skrull - which would coincide with the Kree connection to Monica Rambeau. But I think more likely AIM/HYdra or some other terrorist as he was called in episode 5. Darcy says "he's some kind of..." then we switch to Heyward saying separately ..."terrorist". I don't think it is unreasonable to say Mephisto either. But it is Heyward. Not Wanda. I think Wanda is actually keeping him at bay and that is the reason for the bubble.
                      Last edited by Brue; Feb 14, '21, 8:11 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

Okay. We've got people saying "Quicksilver" is Mephisto,others are saying he's a Kree and others saying he's a Skrull. I'll be honest. I want him to be Impossible Man but he's not green.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          Okay. We've got people saying "Quicksilver" is Mephisto,others are saying he's a Kree and others saying he's a Skrull. I'll be honest. I want him to be Impossible Man but he's not green.
                          I want him to be Quicksilver and for the MCU to get more mutants!
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Regarding this week's episode... I knew it! The pieces are falling into place.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Random Axe
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Apr 16, 2008

The reveal was somewhat...disappointing. We all kinda knew about this one but there has to be something else coming right?
                              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

There's a post-(mid) credit scene this week (Ep 7), so make sure you stay with it.

-M
                                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎