Aquaman is GOOD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thunderbolt
    replied
    Good to hear. Hope it can overcome the negativity towards the JL movie and its poor performance. I just snagged it for 6 bucks on Black Friday and it really was better than expected. The cgi on Cyborg and Steppenwolf really hurt it.

Leave a comment:

• Hedji
    replied
    Glad to hear! Will see it in 3D IMAX next Friday!

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Banner
    replied
    Yeah, it's a real blast! Saw a 2D showing on the 12th, and will probably go back to see it in 3D next week.
    The movie is so packed full of awesome stuff. Great costumes, and the visuals are spectacular.
    And when Aquaman dons his classic orange & green suit, it's a real stand up and cheer moment.
    And yes, some of the creatures are very impressively scary... Almost Lovecraftian level menace.
    Last edited by Bruce Banner; Dec 16, '18, 3:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• warlock664
    replied
    Originally posted by palitoy
    I cannot wait until boxing day. Really looking forward to this.
    Shouldn't you see Creed 2 on Boxing Day ?

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    ^ I was wondering how they'd be animated, they're pretty graphic in the comics--sort of piranha-derived gillmen.

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    My only advice is that if you have young kids who are frightened easily, the Trench creatures are truly terrifying. They got quite a few jump scares out of our audience. So you may want to shield some eyes during that sequence, or avoid for the real young ones.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• PNGwynne
    replied
    I'm very excited to see it and relieved by your review. I need a lift this holiday season and this just might be it.

Leave a comment:

• palitoy
    replied
    I cannot wait until boxing day. Really looking forward to this.

Leave a comment:

• enyawd72
    replied
    ^Good to hear! It looks like a lot of fun, which is exactly what DC needs in their movie-verse.
    I love Momoa's brilliant orange and green costume. Now maybe we can get Supes back into some brightly colored duds...

Leave a comment:

• Earth 2 Chris
    started a topic Aquaman is GOOD

Aquaman is GOOD

Saw it via the Amazon Prime member preview last night, and it's a fun, full-on comic book adaptation. An unabashed Aquaman movie that just embraces the honestly ludicrious trappings of the character we all love, and makes them work on the screen. Momoa's character grows and changes throughout, Mera is a strong, likeable hero of his equal, and the action and visuals are jaw-droppingly awesome. The whole family really enjoyed it.

My pal, and Aquman's biggest fan, Rob Kelly loved it as well. Go see it!!!

Chris
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎