Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantastic Four 2 SPOILER thread!!! BEWARE!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

LOL! I see Hector couldn't contain himself.....I'll say it again if you've never ever heard of the FF and the great Story that Stan and Jack created you will think it's a silly movie that the kids will love but if you are a Hardcore FF fan like me and Hector you will want to throw poop at the idiots who treated Marvel's first Family like this...

The Silver Surfer is Marvels most Badass Character and I believe he can beat the tar out of Superman and this is what we get.I knew this Franchise was going to be bad when they decided to put The Thing in a suit I wanted CGI but no..That should have been the hint.Not even Jessica Alba as eye candy saves this giant turd of a movie.

No Galactus, No Watcher, No Ultimate Nulifier, Doom is Horrible Doctor Doom is one of Marvels Greatest Villans and In these movies all I kept saying is that's not Dr.Doom.....and there's this one scene were the Surfer is getting tortured I sat there and was like ***? BS!!!!! that would never happen lol! The Galactus no show is like you waiting for a Hot Blonde with Big Boobies and she is just about to strip and she turns the lights off at the last minute lol! what a let down! Ok I know that was extreme I needed to make myself laugh....

No one should worry about if they don't go see this other movies won't be made.....The marvel movie machine is in place and is cranking.

This years Marvel movies are batting Zero hopefully they will see the faults and fix them before their audience decides they've had enough.
    Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jun 16, '07, 7:55 AM.

Comment

• megowgsh
      Customego HoF Curator
      • Nov 19, 2003

Couldn't disagree with you more on this one.

Totally exceeded my expectations.

Heads and shoulders better than the first.

The Silver Surfer was PHENOMENAL!!!

The interaction between the four was very good, especially with the ferriss wheel.

Loved Johnny with all four powers.

Loved seeing Doom on the surf board even more!

This movie hit a home run in my opinion. Better than S3. Better than most super-hero movies.

I was thoroughly pleased.

Even Daremo liked this movie and he is very hard to please when it comes to super hero movies.
      Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
        LOL! I see Hector couldn't contain himself.....I'll say it again if you've never ever heard of the FF and the great Story that Stan and Jack created you will think it's a silly movie that the kids will love but if you are a Hardcore FF fan like me and Hector you will want to throw poop at the idiots who treated Marvel's first Family like this...

The Silver Surfer is Marvels most Badass Character and I believe he can beat the tar out of Superman and this is what we get.I knew this Franchise was going to be bad when they decided to put The Thing in a suit I wanted CGI but no..That should have been the hint.Not even Jessica Alba as eye candy saves this giant turd of a movie.

No Galactus, No Watcher, No Ultimate Nulifier, Doom is Horrible Doctor Doom is one of Marvels Greatest Villans and In these movies all I kept saying is that's not Dr.Doom.....and there's this one scene were the Surfer is getting tortured I sat there and was like ***? BS!!!!! that would never happen lol! The Galactus no show is like you waiting for a Hot Blonde with Big Boobies and she is just about to strip and she turns the lights off at the last minute lol! what a let down! Ok I know that was extreme I needed to make myself laugh....

No one should worry about if they don't go see this other movies won't be made.....The marvel movie machine is in place and is cranking.

This years Marvel movies are batting Zero hopefully they will see the faults and fix them before their audience decides they've had enough.
        Well said and amen.

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
        LOL! I see Hector couldn't contain himself....
        I can't help myself, lol.

Last edited by Hector; Jun 16, '07, 6:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I REALLY liked this movie. I liked it better than Spider-Man 3. There. I said it.

Since Spidey 3 was the BIG super hero movie this year, and was hyped to death, I'm going to use it to defend FF2, which I think is getting a real bum rap from just about everyone.

As a whole the movie hung together and showed more respect for the source material than Spidey 3 did. Don't get me wrong, I LIKED Spidey 3. BUT, there were several serious missteps taken in that movie. Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer being number one, "evil" Peter's jazz club fiasco being number two. Spidey 3 did a better job of juggling all the characters and plotlines better than I thought it would, but it still was pretty disjointed at times. And despite all that was going on, it did drag a bit in parts. The pacing was off.

Now on to FF2. Yes, Galactus was a cloud (I'll get back to that) BUT, all the characters were true to their comic portrayls, and no major changes were made to them. Sure, Doom wasn't still quite Doom, but he was a ton better than last time. Grufford's Reed should have shut up everyone who griped about his wishy-washiness last time. Johnny was still funny, but less of a jerk, and actually learned a thing or two. Ben was happy enough with himself not to whine about being human throughout the whole picture, despite the fact that he had the opportunity over and over. And Sue shone as she should, as the heart of the FF. The pacing was well done, with plenty of character fun and insightful character moments, but still lots of action and drama to keep things building to the finale.

Now, onto Galactus as a cloud. I love KIRBY. Love just about everything the man ever did. Kirby's Galactus design kicked butt on the drawn, inked comic page. But a big dude with a tuning fork helmet would have had the non-comic readers rolling in the aisle. And guess what, we're in the minority. Just look at Marvels. Alex Ross painted the hell out of that book, giving us a living, breathing look at what the real Marvel U would look like. Almost everyone looked great, but I hate to say it, his Galactus looked like his buddy in a cardboard tuning fork helmet. THAT is what Galactus would have looked like on screen, more than likely, if they'd stuck to the comics.

FF2 took no more liberties than every other super hero movie before it, and far less than many. It captured the spirit of not only the FF, but the Surfer, and several of the early Surfer/Galactus storylines. And it was a fun, cohesive movie. My kid never fidgeted, or looked away from the screen. I can't say that about Spidey 3.

I think in the end, Spidey 3 somehow lost a lot the heart that the first two movies had in abundance. Maybe it was because Raimi was talked into the whole black suit/Venom plot, which ended up dominating the movie. FF2 had that same kind of heart in spades I think. My whole family had a great time.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Chris, now you are convincing me that it's not that bad of a movie, man, I have to go this Monday and see who's more dead on here, lol.
            sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I already know I won't being seeing this Movie...I will not even rent it.
              sigpic

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                Formerly known as Del
                • Dec 12, 2004

I'm not a big enough FF fan to get really angry about this movie, so I will still probably go see it at the cheap theater. I thought the idea of the fusing their powers sounded kind of cool. But what ticked me off is that they showed it in the commercials. I understand that they have to show some clips to get people interested, but not one that is such a major plot point! I actually started reading the occasional FF story just because I think Doctor Doom is cool. The movie version is just plain crap. I can deal with the guy they chose to play him, he pulls off good-looking and vain off well enough, but I always picture him with an accent. And in the stories I read, Doom referred to himself in the 3rd person from time to time, which I thought was fun. What happened to that? And I've also heard that in this movie he rarely wears his mask and cloak. That pretty much kills it for me.
                Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  I REALLY liked this movie. I liked it better than Spider-Man 3. There. I said it.
                  You actually took the words right out of my mouth. But, thankfully, I have more words where those came from.

We (my wife, my son, and I) just got back from seeing Fantastic Four II and really enjoyed it. Sure, there were some silly bits - Surfer's power being tied into his board, for one - but I can live with them.

Galactus as a cloud sound silly in print, but it worked well enough on screen. It made him kind of unknowable, untouchable, a mysterious being that didn't want nor need to interact with humanity, and it worked for me. (Though I half-expected to see a vague outline of his face in the cloud as Surfer flew into it - not sure if I'm happy or disappointed that the face wasn't there.)

At just 89 minutes long, it left me wanting more. I can't say the same thing about Spider-Man 3. And I'd rather walk out of the theater wanting more than wishing I could get back the last two and a half hours of my life.

Joe
                  --
                  Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

For anyone who doesn't think Galactus would not have translated well on the big screen this is from Ultimate Alliance game Looks like he translates well to me I'm sure with better designers and a little effort they would have pulled it off sorry not having a physical Galactus was a cop out!

Comment

• JDeRouen
                      Author of Small Things
                      • Jun 14, 2001

He does look good, but there is still a big difference between seeing something on a video game and on a movie screen. Regardless, like I said, the cloud worked for me.
                      --
                      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                        OH JES!!
                        • Jul 21, 2005

Hey Joe I understand what you mean...It's just me sorry don't mean to get at anyones goat

Comment

• Boris71
                          GeekBot' For Life
                          • May 13, 2007

I think that the screen writter watched some of the older marvel action hour fantastic four cartoons because doom stole the surfers powers by stealing his board and the surfer lost his galactic glaze, it wasn't till the latter FF cartoons that the watcher gave them the ultimate nullifer, and in the Surfer cartoon he often had his powers drained

In a comic he can be invincable but in a 90min movie or 12 episode cartoon series he has to be vunerable, and I think due to the long run of comics and a movie you have to mix elements from diffrent surfer stories to get a good coverage as some people like the classic some the more modern versions.

The movie is just trying to appeal to a wide audience and I think people need to be a little less harsh on stuff just because it didn't live up to what they wanted/expected it to be.

I wanted to see nova, galactus, and the surfer banished to earth, and it would have been easy to introduce the superskrull as a creature sent to stop galactus and stole the FFs powers. But to me I was entertained for 90 mins and me and my GF loved every minuite of it yesterday, we are thinking of taking the kids to see it and I will be more than happy to see it a second time infact if I had time and another £10 on me I would have gone to see the 12:30 show that was just starting.

I think non comic fans will enjoy this more than spider-man X-men or daredevil and they are a massive part of the audience, and when they do a good adaptaion of a comic character like manthin it ends up straight to dvd the same as the old doctor strange movie did.
                          Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

For anyone who doesn't think Galactus would not have translated well on the big screen this is from Ultimate Alliance game Looks like he translates well to me I'm sure with better designers and a little effort they would have pulled it off sorry not having a physical Galactus was a cop out!

Galactus does indeed look cool here, but I'm with Joe in thinking what works on a vid game doesn't necessarily translate to the big screen. The look of Galactus may have worked, but him physically interacting with the Surfer and the FF would not have worked for the public like the giant cloud. With recent events like the tsunami and Katrina, an unstoppable, unreachable force of nature just has more impact than a giant dude in purple.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                              Fear the monkeybat!
                              • Aug 16, 2001

>Kirby's Galactus design kicked butt on the drawn, inked comic page. But a big dude with a tuning fork helmet would have had the non-comic readers rolling in the aisle.

Y'know.... if the audience can buy a bald chrome guy in his underwear with a surfboard; a giant dude with a tuning fork on his head might not be too tough to accept.....

Don C.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Y'know.... if the audience can buy a bald chrome guy in his underwear with a surfboard; a giant dude with a tuning fork on his head might not be too tough to accept.....
                                Well, see they ditched the underwear, like most modern versions of the Surfer in comics. The underwear would have blown it for everyone.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎