Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riffster
    Atomic batteries to power
    • Jun 29, 2008

Reddy for me, the Vision just seemed to boring a character, even when he tried to take over the world.
    Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
    And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Both are horribly convoluted in terms of history these days, but I always liked Vision better of the two "Pinocchio" type characters.

I think I can follow the Vision's backstory fairly clearly... made from the same molds as the Android Human Torch by Ultron, using Wonder Man's Brainwave patterns. Turned on his "father" and joined the Avengers. Fell in Love with the Scarlet Witch and married her. Had Two Demonic children that are now Young Avengers. Had his"emotions" removed and separated from Wanda. "Died" in Avengers disassembled. Got programmed into the armor of Iron Lad/Kang the conquerer. Hangs with the Young Avengers now.

Red Tornado on the other hand... I know TO Morrow created him to infiltrate the JSA, sacrified himself to save the Seven Soldiers. Joined the JLA and then it all gets kind of fuzzy from there because we toss in two Tornado beings from Rann, we go a bit "Vertigo" with Air Elemental stuff (Swamp Thing being the Earth Elemental and Firestorm being the Fire Elemental), something about his head that I can't make sense of in 52, and then the recent stuff with him being human.

On the other hand, I like the Red Tornado Super Powers figure way better than any action figure of The Vision.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• goldenryan
        coy member
        • Jul 13, 2007

Originally posted by samurainoir

On the other hand, I like the Red Tornado Super Powers figure way better than any action figure of The Vision.
        i agree with that.

Comment

• Steeler80
          Mayor of Strunk
          • Jun 29, 2001

Even though I have always been more of a DC fan, I've always liked the Vision better. One of my first Avengers comics was Ultron attacking the Avengers (not sure of the issue although Ant Man had attacked them first) and that really started my love of the early Perez line-up.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I gotta say Vision here, his powers etc are a bit more interesting to me than Reddy's. I always figured there wasn't much Red Tornado could do that the Flash couldn't do.

But both are too whiney for my taste... Reddy MUCH more than Viz. All that I wanna be human crap. And the constant destroy & rebuild is ridiculous for either. Nobody rips the arms & legs off Batman and sews them back on! But feature RT in a JLA story and you can bet he's in pieces somewhere around Chapter Four.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Steeler80
              Even though I have always been more of a DC fan, I've always liked the Vision better. One of my first Avengers comics was Ultron attacking the Avengers (not sure of the issue although Ant Man had attacked them first) and that really started my love of the early Perez line-up.
              It was only many years later when I went back to look at my favourite issues of The Avengers and JLA as a kid, did I realize that "The New Teen Titans Guy" drew them.

I was always kind of in awe of that issue where Ant Man goes exploring inside of The Vision. Neal Adams art?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

I was always kind of in awe of that issue where Ant Man goes exploring inside of The Vision. Neal Adams art?
                That was during the infamous Kree-Skrull War....
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Steeler80
                  I'm in the same boat, if I had my way I'd swap out Red Tornado and Zantanna with Vision and Scarlet Witch. I'm a DC guy but my first experience with the Avengers (the issue where Ant Man attacks them) left a good impression, those guys were cool!
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    That was during the infamous Kree-Skrull War....
                    Thanks, I'll have to dig out the Kree Skrull war trade.

I just remembered that Red Tornado hung around with Young Justice, and Vision hangs out with Young Avengers. Another similarity between the history of the two characters.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

I love Red Tornado but Reddy is such a whiner lately wishing he was human so he could spend time bopping Kathy Sutton...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

The Child in Me likes Red Tornado...
                        But the Grown Up in Me Know's that Vision Had some sorta Weirdo Robotic Sex with the Scarlet Witch,.. so ... that has to count for something.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• bobws
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 13, 2008

How come these robots can find a babe and i can't? and can blame reddy for wanting to be human, kathy is hot!
                          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Anyone know what this is all about? She-Tornado?

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

^ Don't get me wrong..I like the Red Tornado but I'm so sick of the attention he's received since the JLA relaunch....same with Vixen....

Comment

• johnnystorm
                                Hot Child in the City
                                • Jul 3, 2008

http://i.newsarama.com/preview_image...4/redt_cv2.jpg

Anyone know what this is all about? She-Tornado?
                                I think that robot is called Red TORPEDO. Part of the never before seen Red Tornado family of robots. More silliness wrapped up in a non-necessary miniseries no one will buy.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎