Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Yeah most other artists when they do another artists characters or artwork in a newspaper or whatever give them credit. Just check it when they do it in one of the opinion comics. I've seen it when someone used one of the characters from Peanuts. They gave credit to the late Charles Schultz.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It is NOT an overt reference...if it was Spidey or The Hulk or the FF then it would be. And as far as it being recognizable to people in the comics world, I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable fan but I certainly don't have all of the covers to the Atlas/Marvel monster books committed to memory as I do with other iconic images (like "Amazing Fantasy" #15, "Action Comics" #1, etc.)
      Definitely not in the catergory of those comics you mentioned. I do think most comic fans would get that he was riffing on Kirbys' Atlas/Marvel big monster work (but few would get the specific issue) IF it this was published in a comic without a Kirby reference. New Yorker readers MAY recognize Action #1, AF #15-type homages without references, but definitely not something as obscure as this.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Loser.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢