Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Last night's episode was fun, but man, I am so tired of the All-Angst Squadron this season. Plus, Barry comes across as the worst Super Hero ever. Fix this timeline mess and let's move on. Or leave it the way it is and just forget it. Flashpoint begat a DC Universe that the company is desperately trying to course-correct from, so I'm not sure why the TV guys are so insistent on repeating those same mistakes here.

They've transferred the "can't win for losing" vibe from Arrow over to this show, and it doesn't fit. Flash is supposed to be a lighter more upbeat program, but when Barry's friends all hate him and he makes more mistakes than an awkward teenager, it's hard to get behind. I hope coming out of this crossover Barry is restored to hero status in full.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
      Customego HoF Curator
      • Nov 19, 2003

^^^DITTO
      Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

It's becoming work to watch this season. We use to watch this religiously every week, now we fall behind sometimes more than two episodes at a time. The constant character tweaks have made it hard to investment in anyone except Barry and he's getting more than a tad too selfish in the emotional toy store. I agree Chris. Stay on one reality plane and let's get on the down the road. The Ground Hog's Day story treatment is SO DONE.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Dammit, I wanted to know how Joe's love life is going, not watch superheroes fight!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Next week looks fun

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Yes it does. At this point I'd take a Jay-only episode and give Barry the week off.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I'm still all-in on the Flash...there's bound to be good and bad episodes of any show, and the good far outweighs the bad.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Can't we have a hero without a team? The backup team members are in every show, with the same line-up. Let's see a hero that doesn't have an "in" located at the police station, and a computer genius/hacker who can hack into anything within half a second.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

It was fun seeing the future Hall of Justice makes it's debut.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Great Jay appearance tonight. ..and Earth3 Trickster totally made the episode! If only we could have had a full ep set on Earth 3 with only the two Flashes & no "team" baloney.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Great episode tonight! I never get tired of seeing Jay and Barry together...also pretty happy they seemed to have resolved the Julian/Alchemy story rather quickly.

Nice Christmas stuff at the end too!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Best episode of the season, although my entire family was screaming "NOOOO, DON'T DO IT!!!" at the screen when Barry unmasked.

Loved, loved LOVED seeing Shipp as Jay. He should be on more, and I'd totally be up for a solo episode when Gustin needs a break.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

^With all the awesome figures and statues that have come out from the show, I am praying we get some Shipp as Jay merchandise. And how about some 90's Flash stuff while we're at it...

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I guess it was time to revive this thread since interest has waned. I fell behind five episodes on my DVR and finally, over the course of a week, got caught up. At times it was painful to even stay awake because the characters are becoming SO dumbed down in terms of what they reason and naively believe, it just feels like the show has lost all of it's plot and character strengths. I honestly thought I would like KidFlash, but I think his outfit reads goofy on him and his personality is too juvenile even with context to the character. The Grodd story-line was ambitious and I give them props for tackling that, but the back and forth between that and KidFlash finding his celebrity as a hero really diluted what should have been a classic story. I checked ratings and the show is definitely in trouble. It's down nearly 20% in viewership from last season with the last episode being the least watched for the whole season. I think the Reverse Flash is long overdue for an appearance again, assuming the season (and series) can be saved at this point.

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

One of the problems with the Flash IMO, not only on TV but in the comics as well is DC has WAAAY too many speedsters. I mean for crying out loud...Garrick Flash, Allen Flash, West Flash, Max Mercury, Jesse Quick, Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savatar...it takes away from his uniqueness. Marvel has TWO. Quicksilver and Speed Demon. That's all you need...one good, one bad.

I also never really liked the "speed force" stuff either. It just comes off as an incredible lazy way to "explain" the Flash's power, which as it turns out isn't even his power, since so many other people can and do tap into it...just my two cents. As much as I love the Flash, Marvel's movie version of Quicksilver in DOFP was a lot cooler.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎