Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suicide Squad reviews...not looking good...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I actually really like them and fell into a hole of their videos after this news. This song will be in my head for the remainder of my time on earth.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I dig Yolandi Visser...she has a very unusual exotic look, like an alien babe.

She looks so young, I almost feel like a dirty man for liking her, but she's 31...so I'm guilt free to look, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Oh, she was 25 in that video...but then...I was 5 years younger myself...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Wow, that odd looking fella, who I initially thought was a dude in some sort of prosthetics makeup...was actually someone suffering from Progeria...

Poor fella died just before turning 26, how sad...
            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Sounds like something Barry Goldberg would come up with.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I'll probably watch Suicide Squad when it hits Netflix...not before.
                sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                  Talkative Member
                  • Aug 8, 2001

I watched Suicide Squad the other day, First of all its more entertaining than Bats v Supes. I see a bit of Guardians influence in the style of music and humour, but it didn't quite work for them. Plot was a little thin with the threat coming fast out of no where. If they didn't try and form the team, there wouldn't have been a threat in the first place. Harley Quinn was adorable, and given enough time. I think Leto would have killed it as the Joker. I thought the Gangster style Joker worked and I look forward to a proper Affleck Batman v Leto Joker movie. An interesting thought is that Leto turned down the role of Dr Strange to take on the Joker role. A win win for both DC and Marvel.

Comment

• superherocrazy
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jun 12, 2007

Took my kids to see Suicide Squad today and we all enjoyed it. I don't know why there's so many haters but if I'm entertained then the movie did its job. Sure it has it's flaws but tell me what movie doesn't. So don't go by other peoples reviews and go see it for yourself.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Just saw the movie. Mixed feelings about it.
                      They spend too much time introducing the characters, so it takes a whole hour before the squad assembles, which takes the pace out of the movie.
                      And the "Big Bad" is just another rehash of what we've seen in so many superhero movies now, so that was boring. An omnipotent being and his faceless minion hordes.
                      All in all, I felt they were trying too hard to make the characters cool, and not trying hard enough to create a good core story.

I did enjoy it, it was fun, but I didn't love it.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Apjac Corny
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 12, 2016

Originally posted by superherocrazy
                        Took my kids to see Suicide Squad today and we all enjoyed it. I don't know why there's so many haters but if I'm entertained then the movie did its job. Sure it has it's flaws but tell me what movie doesn't. So don't go by other peoples reviews and go see it for yourself.
                        I agree, we liked it. To me it really wasn't any different than all the other superhero movies, just more of the same formula. I find myself thinking about it days later which is more than I can say for most of the Marvel movies. I don't get the hate.

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

Looks like its box office is taking a huge dive, right now it looks like a 79% drop off in box office from first weekend to second. It also suffered a huge drop in box office from Friday to Saturday last weekend making the bulk of its money on Friday and limping through Saturday and Sunday. I think it's one of those movies where everyone incline dot like it went opening night, but it is not going to have legs to keep making money because it didn't resonate with anyone except those hardcore fans predisposed to like it.

I didn't like the first trailer, which killed any desire I had to pay to see it, and my wife, who loves DC stuff has been turned off by all their recent films and had no desire to see it. I may check it out when it hits a streaming service I subscribe to or the local library gets the DVD, but nothing I have seen or heard since the first trailer has made me more inclined to see it.

-M
                          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• haggis
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 17, 2008

I saw it this weekend. I didn't feel cheated in any way when it was over. Yes, a fair amount of this first part of the movie was spent introducing the characters but it makes sense with so many b/c-list characters. Story seemed slightly choppy at some points but maybe that will mean we get 30 minutes of extra footage in the DVD/blue ray? Stylistically, I found this film had more of a "comic bookiness" than other recent superhero flicks and I liked that. I enjoyed Leto's joker...seemed like he stole some of the best parts of the previous Jokers and added his own vibe on top. I hope we see more of him in this role. Will Smith was typical Will Smith('nuff said).
                            Overall, I was not disappointed with Suicide Squad at all and I am a 90% Marvel guy.
                            No exclusives and no chase figures, please - I'm Canadian!

Comment

• Boywonder0
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 29, 2007

Oh, haters, haters... Sorry but DC is coming strong and all you can do is watch and whine...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Uh-oh, SS's 8 day total is 32 million behind the 8 day for BvS. Not a good sign.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎