Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 23, 2001

I just want to thank the series for helping me sell my 9.4 CGC graded #1 last night on Ebay...Thanks HUGE difference between a raw copy and a graded one.

Seriously though...I've only gotten up to Episode 3 and haven't had the chance to catch up. I will probably be doing that soon.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Yeah, it really needs the humour. Quincannon's chat to the troops following "Drink lots of water" was hilarious. I had the captions on and it kept going and going as that fellow was walking to the trunk of his car.
      I totally missed the dead cow in Quincannon's office after his experiment during my first viewing (I am getting really desensitised as I get older).
      I thought Tulip called the dog by the same name from the shelter that is why I thought it was an odd switch (if it happened at all)?
      I read Garth Ennis' "The Boys" from start to finish and his work can get nasty mean even with the black humour. It is a fine line for me, but I am really enjoying so far.

I had some White Russians a few weeks back and re-watched the Big Lebowski and I liked it a little more than the first time. I checked out some comments from fans on IMDB and yes, overrated by some folks (IMHO).

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Tonight's episode was WOW and now we start off from Preacher #1 and the road trip.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Brazoo
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by monitor_ep
            Tonight's episode was WOW and now we start off from Preacher #1 and the road trip.
            I just caught up. WOW is right. I'm so hyped for next season!

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

As a native New Mexican who grew up in Albuquerque, I have been enjoying the view of the Sandia mountains from Jesse's church. The penultimate episode for this season really had me laughing tho. The bus that picks up the angels on their trip to hell stopped right around the corner from my mom's house and then turned up her street as they made their way to the netherworld. Growing up, I had always suspected that I lived near the road to hell. Now I know it is true.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

This show has been great so far.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I caught up last night.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT SEEN THE FINALE

So... all these minor characters that we have been invested in this season-- the sheriff, the organist and her kids, Donnie and his kinky wife, etc.-- all of them won't be back?

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by rche
                    As a native New Mexican who grew up in Albuquerque, I have been enjoying the view of the Sandia mountains from Jesse's church. The penultimate episode for this season really had me laughing tho. The bus that picks up the angels on their trip to hell stopped right around the corner from my mom's house and then turned up her street as they made their way to the netherworld. Growing up, I had always suspected that I lived near the road to hell. Now I know it is true.
                    That was also the spot that Walter White was picked up from in Breaking Bad.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by sprytel
                      I caught up last night.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT SEEN THE FINALE

So... all these minor characters that we have been invested in this season-- the sheriff, the organist and her kids, Donnie and his kinky wife, etc.-- all of them won't be back?
                      That's my understanding, which saddens me some as I enjoyed some of those characters.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

Do they leave Eugene in hell ?

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Been marinating with that finale for a little longer now...

MORE SPOILERS, MORE PROBLEMS

Wow, that is bleak.

Jesse wanted to save the town. And basically, as a result of his actions, he doomed them all. Sure, Quincannon was kind of a bad guy-- but the whole backstory with his wife and kids, I could not completely fault him. With the exception of the pedophile bus driver, none of them seemed any worse than Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy. We are really in the same point as the start of the season-- Preacher says "open your heart" and the guy opens it with a knife. None of it really mattered in the end... all he did was make it worse.

That is some dark, dark stuff there.

Comment

• comicmike
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 22, 2009

What a wonderful anecdote! Hahahahaha

Comment

• Brazoo
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
                              Been marinating with that finale for a little longer now...

MORE SPOILERS, MORE PROBLEMS

Wow, that is bleak.

Jesse wanted to save the town. And basically, as a result of his actions, he doomed them all. Sure, Quincannon was kind of a bad guy-- but the whole backstory with his wife and kids, I could not completely fault him. With the exception of the pedophile bus driver, none of them seemed any worse than Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy. We are really in the same point as the start of the season-- Preacher says "open your heart" and the guy opens it with a knife. None of it really mattered in the end... all he did was make it worse.

That is some dark, dark stuff there.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Yup! So far it basically seems like Candide on crack, and I wonder how many times it will take Jesse to learn the same lesson in the next season. (And hopefully seasons.)

Jesse is interesting, because when we start off with him he already knows about how dark the world is (unlike Candide), but it maybe seems like he's forcfully trying to make his world view more naive? Even the way Cooper plays him - he seems to have this worn out exterior with this inner level child-like spark. You know what I mean?

I also think it's interesting that this universe is so crazy dark and bleak, but I actually find myself caring for a lot of the characters. I think the show does have emotional depth, but yeah, I also agree with you about the end. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take this, and see if they can sustain that tiny bit of balance along with that dark view of morality.

Comment

• Brazoo
                                Permanent Member
                                • Feb 14, 2009

Amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎