Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Just finished this week's episode and Lobo was immediately who I thought of when they mentioned "intergalactic bounty hunter." Seems as though at least J'onn has run into him before. I'm not sure we'll ever actually see him on network TV, though, especially seeings as how, if made properly, a WB LOBO big screen outing could easily be DC's answer to---oh, I don't know---DEADPOOL?

Did anyone else catch Kara's reference to "masks being popular in that other city." That leads one to wonder which city that could be in reference to: Starling City? Central City? Gotham City?

I actually kind of dug the Master Jailer's outfit; it's been one of the better "super-villain" outfits on the show. The shooting chains thing was a little corny, but the energy bursts were pretty cool. The only time I winced was when, out of the blue, he suddenly comes up with the line "Oh, I just realized, I have to kill you, too."

Alex is growing on me, as well, but I was a fan of the actress when she was on Grey's Anatomy. My only complaint is this: if she is the team leader when they're out in the field, why is that she's the only who DOESN'T wear headgear of some sort? Bulletproof vests are fine, but if you're hunting down meta-super-villains, wouldn't it be a bit wiser to have some protection on your noggin lest some big nasty alien crack it open like an overripe melon?

Next week's episode looks interesting even if the protagonist of the episode seems to look an awful lot like a certain, blue-skinned MARVEL mutant femme fatale.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Indigo was light blue int he comics, not Mystique-blue. I can't believe they are going there with that blatant of a rip-off. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but man, that just looked REALLY lame. And they used Laura Vanderoot's guest spot for that?

But this week's episode was good. I'm glad they addressed the Max Lord thing, because it was pretty ridiculous. I hope the professor turns up again as an ally.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I always connected Lobo more to Wolverine than Deadpool (except the mercenary part)...as Lobo was created solely to be DC's version of Wolverine.
        sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
          I always connected Lobo more to Wolverine than Deadpool (except the mercenary part)...as Lobo was created solely to be DC's version of Wolverine.
          Except Lobo's got a mouth on him---with the proper writer---a lot more like Deadpool!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

would love to see a Grant/Bisley Lobo rampage across the screen; however, considering the style of this incarnation of Supergirl, I think a Giffen LEGION characterization is more likely.

Comment

• alex
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 15, 2009

The only thing that got me, was when James turned up in the DEO, I mean this place looks like its seriously in the middle of the desert, and not jump in your car, and drive for 20 min outside the city ?? Also supergirl just flys into her appartment, doesnt anyone just by chance notice that ?? And now that the other Kryptonians know where she lives, I would seriously be moving
              Last edited by alex; Feb 25, '16, 4:36 AM.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I tried to like this but it really isn't very entertaining. With the over saturation of superhero shows, this one I could do without. I don't think it will be picked up either.

Comment

• MeerkatMego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 7, 2007

I'm loving Supergirl. Hope it gets a second season and toys.
                  Meerkat Mego

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

I didn't really care for this week's episode. I do like the show and it certainly has potential but it's obviously finding its way.
                    Hopefully it will and will get the chance to continue.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Fortress of Solitude and a Legion Ring as she tours the fortress....Nice. I'm not even a Superman fan and I enjoyed that in tonight's episode.

Comment

• ScottA
                        Original Member
                        • Jun 25, 2001

Yeah, I wish they had stayed there longer. The statues were a nice touch and the key was pretty cool.
                        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

The Fortress Key was a nice combo of the classic giant arrow/airplane marker, and the All-Star Superman version that is so heavy, only a Kryptonian can lift it.

The episode was so good, I almost forgave them for totally ripping off Mystique in the visual department. Indigo was a turquoise color in the comic (which I know, doesn't really make sense) with magenta hair, so why go with THAT color blue, and THAT red hair? It really undermined her threat level. Even my 8 year old daughter sayed "Mystique" when she came on screen.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Did anybody noticed that the Legion Flight Ring was the same one that was seen when Flash was in the Bleed?

DC TV Universe: Legion Flight Ring
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I'm getting sick and tired of this "James" Olsen dude...he thinks he's god gift to women. Hate that Kara is secretly in love with him. Olsen is becoming the center of the universe here. He has the audacity to pressure Kara to reveal herself as Supergirl to his girlfriend? Are you serious??? Just because Ms Lane Jr throws a jealous hissy fit? Seriously? I hate that he knows everything too. Oh, he knows that the big arze Superman key is buried under the Arctic ice somewhere in the middle of nowhere...then, the one thing I hated most, he tells Supergirl she's faster than Superman? What? How? Did she fly him at supersonic speed? Did he had a speedometer handy? God I can't stand that character. Someone please kill him already, lol.

I also hate all these passive aggressive references that Supergirl does everything better than Superman, like the previously mentioned superior speed...but also how he never defeated that villain (I forgot who he was) who Supergirl managed to beat, garbage like, "Wow, Supergirl, you did something Superman never could do, beat that baddie, you are so much more awesome".

And I'm still having a hard time with the rogue Kryptonians...a dozen friggin Supermen, still hiding like scared intimidated school girls, for the love of god almighty, conquer Earth already, argh...

Even Melissa Benoist herself is starting to get on my friggin nerves. Why in the hell she worries so much about that damn secretarial assistant job? Putting up with all that abuse from Calista Flockhart, Jesus Christ...throw her off the balcony already, lol.

I'm getting this close from abandoning the Supergirl show ship, really close.

End of rant...

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

Well in a few weeks in the episode "Manhunt" we will get to see the story behind Hank Henshaw and Martain Manhunter and Eddie McClintock as Colonel James Harper a.k.a. The Guardian will make his appearance in Supergirl.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎