Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Regarding Galavan, I'm sensing an almost meta-human vibe to him and I suspect he and his sister might be older than we're being lead to believe....
    Last edited by emeraldknight47; Nov 25, '15, 1:03 AM.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Grimjohn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 28, 2011

Great episode last night. Yeah, I was a little surprised at Galavan's martial arts prowess and how easily he dealt with Jim but, I don't think he's a meta-human. I suspect more of a connection to Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins for him and his sister.

Looking forward next week's Fall Finale fo sho.
      My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
        Gotham is friggin awesome.

Alfred and Tigress...going at it...yeah...this is not your wimpy Alfred of old...this is one tough dude...but Tigress is pretty baddarse herself...as you said, great fight scene.

...and yes...Bruce finally put big man pants on...brilliant...and I'm loving Selena more and more...great teamwork those two.

The shocker was seeing Galavan easily handle Gordon...I thought he was just a desk villain, no...this dude is not to be reckoned with.

I'm so rooting for Gordon and Pinguin next week...ha...
        It's better than Supergirl but far behind Flash and even Arrow.

My big complaint Batgirl needs to be born real soon, Bruce being 15 years older than Barbara is a stretch. And since Barbara Sr is such a violent nutjob, how exactly is Jim going to take her back or name a child after her?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
          I would be forced to hotly debate you on this point, Mr. M. I would say that GOTHAM is every bit as GOOD as both THE FLASH and ARROW (sometimes even better) because it's not saddled with the romantic entanglements that seem to be a part of being on The CW. GOTHAM is grounding the world of Batman perhaps even more than even Nolan did by showing us the kind of environment that spawns not only a man who prowls the night dressed as a bat, but also the demented, lost, crazy, and yes, just evil, souls that make up a good portion of Batman's rogues gallery.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            I would be forced to hotly debate you on this point, Mr. M. I would say that GOTHAM is every bit as GOOD as both THE FLASH and ARROW (sometimes even better) because it's not saddled with the romantic entanglements that seem to be a part of being on The CW. GOTHAM is grounding the world of Batman perhaps even more than even Nolan did by showing us the kind of environment that spawns not only a man who prowls the night dressed as a bat, but also the demented, lost, crazy, and yes, just evil, souls that make up a good portion of Batman's rogues gallery.
            I love Gotham more than Flash. As far as Arrow is concerned, nope, not into it at all...I'd rather watch Supergirl instead.

Arrow is not on my watch list...I just don't like it, not my cup of tea.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion

My big complaint Batgirl needs to be born real soon, Bruce being 15 years older than Barbara is a stretch. And since Barbara Sr is such a violent nutjob, how exactly is Jim going to take her back or name a child after her?
              Agree to disagreed...
              sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Enjoyment of a show is subjective so there is no way to prove it is better or worse than Flash but imo its too dark and violent for pre-teens so that throws out that demographic. The premise of 14 year old Bruce Wayne ( meaning no chance of Batman ever appearing) is pretty dumb to begin with. The Villains are all atleast 10 years older than him, so it turns out Batman was just beating up geriatrics :/

But anyway my post was about the Babara Gordon mess. Which doesn't look salvageable at this point.

Comment

• Grimjohn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 28, 2011

The fall finale was awesome!!! Penguin rules!!!
                  My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Just finished the fall finale of Gotham and it was another winner, setting the series up for the remainder of Season Two.

I'm really enjoying Sean Pertwee's take on Alfred. Wouldn't it be cool to see him step into the role of his own version of The Doctor at some point?

Kudos to both David Mazouz and Camren Bicondova. They're showing acting skills a lot of older actors have yet to master. They manage to make both Bruce and Selina very believable characters.

Ben McKenzie's Jim Gordon is definitely NOT your daddy's Jim Gordon. I think he's come to the realization by this episode that there's no way to dispense justice in Gotham without getting some blood on your hands.

Robin Lord Taylor steals the show every time he's on screen, but Cory Michael Smith's Edward Nygma is not too far behind him.

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on with all the bodies that keep getting shipped to that Wayne Foundation funded genetics lab? I think they're definitely manipulating genetic structure and perhaps even attempting to reanimate the dead for some reason or another. What do you think will come of Galavan while he's there?

Lastly, we get Victor Fries as the potential big bad for the remainder of Season 2.

Pretty cool stuff!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Not to mention Court of Owls and Azreal are due to show up. If done right the Court of Owls could be the long term villains for years to come.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego Milk
                        Custom Mego Maker
                        • Jun 3, 2007

I'd really like to see season 3 begin with...

Ten Years Later....

Older Gordon with a mustache.
                        and we see Batman. but only shadows and glimpses.
                        Where Batman doesn't talk. He just shows up and beats up the bad guys.

the POV stays on Gordon as he tries to uncover this new vigilante.

We all know its Bruce. But the writing and the camera and the show itself, keep Batman a mystery.

aw yeah.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 3, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                          I'd really like to see season 3 begin with...

Ten Years Later....

Older Gordon with a mustache.
                          and we see Batman. but only shadows and glimpses.
                          Where Batman doesn't talk. He just shows up and beats up the bad guys.

the POV stays on Gordon as he tries to uncover this new vigilante.

We all know its Bruce. But the writing and the camera and the show itself, keep Batman a mystery.

aw yeah.
                          That would be great. Send in a script Art!
                          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Mego Milk
                            Custom Mego Maker
                            • Jun 3, 2007

Ha!

I texted someone.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Just finished the two first episodes of GOTHAM'S winter season (as they're terming it). Wasn't sure how they were going to incorporate Victor Fries into the world of Gotham and keep it even remotely in the same vein it's been in since its inception, but kudos to the writers, directors and producers for bringing a depth and sympathy to what could have been a very one-dimensional character. Granted "Mr. Freeze" is one of Batman's more tragic villains and the show's writers managed to maintain that sympathetic edge. Interesting to see how his actual "origin" took place and that he's now in the clutches of Hugo Strange. It'll be quite interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Just finished the two first episodes of GOTHAM'S winter season (as they're terming it). Wasn't sure how they were going to incorporate Victor Fries into the world of Gotham and keep it even remotely in the same vein it's been in since its inception, but kudos to the writers, directors and producers for bringing a depth and sympathy to what could have been a very one-dimensional character. Granted "Mr. Freeze" is one of Batman's more tragic villains and the show's writers managed to maintain that sympathetic edge. Interesting to see how his actual "origin" took place and that he's now in the clutches of Hugo Strange. It'll be quite interesting to see where this goes.
                                Agreed across the board. I too had a couple of doubts on how they would handle Fries' introduction...the end result was great...can't wait for him to cause more havoc throughout the season.

Gotham is definitely my favorite comic book "superhero" based regular TV show right now (Netflix Jessica Jones and Daredevil are a separate category)...ahead of the Flash (oh no, I'm going to get attacked for this, lol), Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow. I don't watch Agents of SHIELD nor Agent Carter. I don't really watch Arrow much to even include it on any list either.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎