X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by del
    They did say the name, because Starfire ran into him and called him Robin. He said that he didn't go by that name anymore. I don't recall when he introduced himself as Nightwing, but when Starfire returned to her time, she told that Robin that in the future he went by the name Nightwing. He says something like, "Hmm...Nightwing. I like it."

I never thought the Teen Titans cartoon really fit into the continuity of the other cartoons. I didn't even realize there was supposed to be that much flow between the different animated shows, although the first Batman animated series and the Superman one seem connected. I always see them as alternate realities. It just makes it easier than trying to figure it out.

Right, Starfire called him Robin, not Dick. That's what I was getting at. He could have been a growed up Tim that evolved into Nightwing instead.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Overkill
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 19, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Right, Starfire called him Robin, not Dick. That's what I was getting at. He could have been a growed up Tim that evolved into Nightwing instead.
      Yeah but I think it's obvious that it's not Tim because the show revolved around a sort of Robin/Starfire romance, which was Dick's thing, not Tim. Plus there are just so many other clues leading to Grayson. All we have for Tim is the fighting style, which was mentioned by the creators before the show even started.

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

I think I've scene every episode of Teen Titans,.. or Almost.
        I have never once heard anyone call the Character Robin ,.. Tim or Dick.
        Because of the writing with the character,.. like how StarFire was kinda like a Love Interest & His hatement towards Slade (DeathStroke) Kinda defined the character as Dick to me. But his Suit was closer to Tim's suit.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Overkill
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 19, 2007

Oh yeah, and the suit! I forgot about that. But I think it's just because the short pants seem outdated today. Though they did appear in one of toon's comics!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Short pants rule. I'm actually converting my Robin custom back to short pants.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Overkill
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 19, 2007

Short pants rule. I'm actually converting my Robin custom back to short pants.
              They definitely rule! The most underappreciated Robin outfit is my favorite!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Yep ! Nothing Beats a Pair of Green Undies. I got a few pairs myself. Other than a Scale Orange Shirt.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• Overkill
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 19, 2007

Robin would be proud Jason!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I really don't need to see BK in short shorts tho.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                      Formerly known as Del
                      • Dec 12, 2004

Besides, they gave Robin his own version of Batmite. His name was Nosyargkcid, even though they just called him Larry. Besides, the fact that the rest of the team was taken from the Perez/Wolfman era points to the fact that it was Dick Grayson. I agree with whoever said that the costume was just a style update.
                      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

^Yeah,that was the episode where Beast Boy wrote "Jason Todd" on the blackboard,isn't it?

Comment

• jds1911a1
                          Alan Scott is the best GL
                          • Aug 8, 2007

^^^ I saw that one, but they never said the name, and Tim could have been Night wing in that future. The continuity between the Timm shows and TT wasn't established until the Seven Soldiers JLU episode with the adult version of the TT Speedy showing up.
                          Even that doesn't firmly place it into the Timm DC "continuity" It isn't like the cartoon invented the speedy concept and the vague nature of Robin's identinty in tenn titans can be used to actually separate it from the other shows. Much like Braniac attacks is completely separate from the SAS show's continuty there are too many glitches for me to try to Squeeze Teen Titans into the BAS/SAS/JL continuity

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                            I think I've scene every episode of Teen Titans,.. or Almost.
                            I have never once heard anyone call the Character Robin ,.. Tim or Dick.
                            Because of the writing with the character,.. like how StarFire was kinda like a Love Interest & His hatement towards Slade (DeathStroke) Kinda defined the character as Dick to me. But his Suit was closer to Tim's suit.
                            Actually,the suit was closer to what Dick wore on Batman:TAS. Tim's animated outfit looks more like what he wears in the comic now.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Inwhich the suit that Dick wore in the toon,.. was Tim's suit in the comics.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Has Hardygirl's head exploded yet??

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎