X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    ^Johns being involved assures the Rogues will have a presence. I think had the 90s series embraced them earlier, it may have stuck around longer.

Chris
    It's been said that if the show was picked up for a second season, the premiere would have featured the Trickster, Captain Cold, and Mirror Master teaming-up to take on the Flash. That would've been cool to see.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• megojim
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 13, 2001

Wow! last night's episode was epic, right out of the comic book stuff we like to see. Really enjoying this show for sure!
      My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, two great Flash tricks the 90s series unfortunately never got around to.

This is a must-watch "LIVE" show for us...and that doesn't happen much anymore.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

The wife and I never miss a single episode but we do wait until it's DVR'd before we watch it. I just devour the material and I hate waiting on commercials. So last night we watched it at 10 after it was recorded. We had to play catch up anyway with Sleepy Hollow so it was easy to wait on it. I just LOVE everything they are doing with the Flash. I actually thought there for a brief moment, we might see a evolved version of the costume after his original burned up. So cool that we might actually see Grodd soon. I'm still sold on Dr. Wells becoming Reverse Flash. There are so many similarities in how his character profiles, I would be shocked if it wasn't true. On a side note, I loved that Clancy Brown is now on the Flash after seeing him just briefly in Sleepy Hollow. A personal favorite of mine.
          Last edited by MIB41; Nov 12, '14, 2:53 PM.

Comment

• FETT1
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 4, 2012

..Hmmm. I found lasts night episode to be one of the weakest...especially the actor that played the general...ugh! Have never enjoyed this fellow as an actor...the GROOD ending was interesting !
            if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Loved seeing Clancy Brown last night, was the girl supposed to be "Human Bomb"? I'm pretty much devoid of DC knowledge past 1998.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

She was Plastique, who originally was a Firestorm villain. She eventually joined the Suicide Squad, reformed and became Captain Atom's girlfriend for a time. I believe they mentioned her looking for a "Cameron Scott"...I think that was one of Captain Atom's aliases. She's in the JLU "Task Force X" episode, as well as tying it back to Clancy Brown a bit. It was great to see him on screen in a DC production.

They did throw the "Human Bomb" name around a lot. Makes me wonder if those powers won't reappear with a male using that name.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I thought last night's episode was great--the show is well-cast & so much more fun than Smallville. I love it when Barry blurs his face, Jay Garrick-style. The effects really work for me--stylish, not overdone.

Bring on Grodd!!!

Really hoping for Abra Kadabra, too.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Grimjohn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 28, 2011

The Flash continues to impress me in every aspect! Can't wait for next Tuesday night!
                    My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

Flash is great fun. a lot of little playoffs for fans in every episode.

Would love to see WB launch Superman, Batman, GL and Wonder Woman shows. Sure the scope would be more limited than big screen versions, but I have more faith in the TV productions than than the big-screen ones.

And on the whole, I'd rather have 22 episodes a year tha one film every three years.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Just got done with tonight's episode and I gotta say it was one of my faves. I'm SO glad that he now has his proper name instead of being "The Blur" (shades of Smallville, anyone?) or The Streak.

I liked that the bad guy was a bully that picked on Barry in school who got a bit of a comeuppance at the hands of one of his victims. Gotta admit, the "turning to steel" effect seemed to work out better here than it did on "Agents of SHIELD" a few weeks back.

I loved that Barry seemingly tapped into the Speed Force, if only momentarily, to achieve faster than sound speed. I'm looking forward to seeing just how fast they'll actually let him go eventually. The shot of Barry roaring in at supersonic speed LOOKED properly super-heroic and only shows me what Man of Steel was lacking; any sense of fun!

Loving that Iris's dad is now believing in the story that Barry told him and had his very own encounter with Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash.

Overall, an excellent episode. Anyone else wondering if the meta human Iris referred to as being on fire all the time is Firestorm? I know he's supposed to appear eventually which makes the fanboy in me all warm and squishy!!!
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I think the "Burning Man" is Firestorm. He's supposed to debut in December.

My only gripe was Barry showing Girder his identity. I hope that comes back to bite him in the rear...because it should.

Loved the whole "super-sonic punch baby" bit. The lightning in the eyes was a nice touch.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Grimjohn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 28, 2011

Yup, Firestorm is who I immediately thought of too.

The Flash has become my favorite show this season, it entertains me in every aspect and has me looking forward to Tuesday nights.
                            My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                              To Fear is Not Logical...
                              • Feb 17, 2008

^^ I think there is a villain in the new 52 who spontaneously combusts all the time and didn't they show Captain Cold talking to someone, at the end of his episode, who had burnt/melted hands?

As much as I would want it to be, I do not think it is Firestorm....or at least they will tease it out a bit....

I can't wait to see what they do with Grodd.
                              It's all good!

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Loved the whole "super-sonic punch baby" bit. The lightning in the eyes was a nice touch.
                                That sequence felt like reading pages of a comic book.
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎