Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your Bat dollars ready (official batman 66 dvd/blu-ray/digital anouncement)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
    Congrats Brian!

Bless you Tom! Been dying to see this but my comps aren't here yet.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

well, crap. Disc one in my set is defective. It won't load after I got into the Penguin episode. Glad I got it at Walmart.com instead of Amazon. Also, looks like the UV codes only work online and not thru streaming on tv. Double crap. I can watch them at flixster and M-Go's websites but not on the roku. It shows them in the UV library, but lists them as unavailable.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

^^
        Is this for the DVD or BR?

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
          Bless you Tom! Been dying to see this but my comps aren't here yet.
          No problem my friend. When you told us you had contributed to this box set, I was excited to find it in the special features section. When I saw the magnetic Mego commercial, I smiled. It's so very cool you were part of such a significant event for so many of us. Very fitting.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

They're milking this for all it's worth. Walmart is selling the single seasons. Saw Season 1 today for about $30 there.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by SeattleEd
              ^^
              Is this for the DVD or BR?
              Blu ray. Really annoying and took the fun out of it. Glad it was walmart instead of Amazon.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• SeattleEd
                SynthoRes Transmigrator
                • Oct 24, 2007

Thanks, Tbolt. Definitely something to look out for when I receive my copies.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Blu ray. Really annoying and took the fun out of it. Glad it was walmart instead of Amazon.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                  Museum Paramedic
                  • Aug 31, 2005

This morning, I happened to come across an infomercial for this box-set hosted by Adam West. It was very well done, too!

- Ian
                  Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                    To Fear is Not Logical...
                    • Feb 17, 2008

Has anyone else noticed problems with their discs?
                    I have the DVD version ordered from Amazon and so far all seemsvok with the discs for me. My daughter and I have watched the special features and the menus were visible and first season discs have played with no glitches. Even the DVD version looks amazingly clean and new. Very happy.
                    It's all good!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by megoknight
                      I have the whole run on bootleg, played them for the Mego suite this year, so I can afford for the hype to die down and swoop in and get these or pennies on the dollar down the road. "Patience Padawan"
                      I got my replacement set and believe me it will make you throw out those bootlegs. You could probably find a deal a year or so (or on Black Friday waiting in line at walmart) from now, maybe. I think this might be an evergreen seller for WB.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        I got my replacement set and believe me it will make you throw out those bootlegs. You could probably find a deal a year or so (or on Black Friday waiting in line at walmart) from now, maybe. I think this might be an evergreen seller for WB.
                        That's what I'm hoping for. I traded away my old copy but there's a big difference between $25 and $175. I'll be happy to pick it up when the prices meet in the middle.

Comment

• Megotu
                          jerk
                          • Dec 16, 2001

Or it could triple in value like the Monster Squad TV Show dvds. I have the bootlegs too and when the kids woke me up this morning at 7 am wanting breakfast they couldn't find cartoons they wanted to see. Then my son asked for the Old Batman discs. I think they watched 3 hours this morning lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^ I just got Monster Squad TV for $5, thanks to a kind forum referral. (Now if I can only nab Lidsville likewise lol.)

Still waiting to hear from WB about my replacement features disk.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

I'm really enjoying this, what a blast from the past!
                              I was too young when the show originally aired to remember it, but watched it religiously via syndication on WPGH-53 (a cable network out of Pittsburgh) in my formative years in the early-mid 70's. The after-school lineup on that channel was great, and included Speed Racer and The Horrible House of Frightenstein as well. Small wonder that I was always late in finishing my homework!
                              One thing I never noticed at the time was the constant re-use of the same footage of Batman and Robin emerging from the Batpoles, jumping into the Batmobile and exiting the Batcave, and arriving at police headquarters right after the intro theme. How did I never notice the same people were always walking past police headquarters, LOL !

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

One thing I've NEVER noticed before was how the Bat-symbol was mounted on the doors of the Batmobile. I always thought it was a decal, but in at least one shot, on this particular copy of the car, the symbol looks like a very thin metal, mounted to the door with two screws or pins. I think this was in the Joker episode with the UFO.

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎