• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Here's one for the Wally West fans...

Good News: He's Back.

Other News: kids like The Tron right? Let's make him look like The Tron.

Tron costumes will be the new millennium 20-teens version of the buckles, poaches and jackets of the nineties.
    I'll leave the "good/bad" judgements for others.

Last edited by samurainoir; Jan 14, '14, 1:45 AM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wally's new origin: Caught in an explosion of Photoshop filters, Wally West became the glowingest man alive!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• BATMAN89
      Mego obsessed!!!
      • Jul 20, 2010

I'm surprised that anyone reads anything from DC these days.
      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

When you conceptualize to the point where there is nothing left of the hero, you have pretty much nothing to offer fans. DC seems to be doing that really good lately.

Comment

• ubermanx
          Career Member
          • Jul 3, 2013

So we have a new character with an old name.

I really am confused as to who exactly clamored for the return of Barry Allen. Before Johns brought Barry back Wally had stared in more issues than Barry.

Wally West and Jay Garrick (with Mercury helmet) are my Flashes. I know that sounds old and stubborn but its just how I feel. Wally Flash was the first comic I put on a pull list and never missed an issue.

Wildstorm Tron Wally is not what I was looking forward to ... they should have just dropped the DC banner with New 52 and called the company Wildstorm.

Guess that's why I went from buying 35 DC titles a month to 9.

- Marty

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

I always wanted the return of Barry Allen (he was MY Flash growing up) but Geoff Johns handled it all wrong...
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I really am confused as to who exactly clamored for the return of Barry Allen. Before Johns brought Barry back Wally had stared in more issues than Barry.
              Dan DiDio. Him, and him alone wanted Barry back. Mark Waid and later Geoff Johns had laid that ghost to rest...finally. DiDio wanted to shake things up and replace Wally in Infinite Crisis, because that's what you do in mega-DC crossovers. His choice of Bart was an ill fit, and Flash TV producers Bilson and DeMeo just couldn't make the comic work. They quickly shifted gears, killed Bart, and brought Wally back, this time with young children, and written by Mark Waid. That didn't take very well (you can't go home again, apparently), and then DiDio scrambled about for what to do with Flash. Green Lantern's meteoric rise to the top of the pile made him think "BARRY!!!" and there you go. Of course out of that spun Flashpoint, which gave us the New 52 and so on.

DiDio gets blamed for a lot of stuff (and much of it is justified) but one thing you can pin on him is the undermining of Wally West's role as the Flash, and Barry's return.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎