Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I think Rudd's a good choice if this is going to be an action comedy (if Edgar Wright is directing)

My understanding is that this WON'T connect up to Avengers: Age of Ultron?
    My guess is that Whedon will have the AI Jarvis from Iron Man evolve into Ultro rather than Pym inventing him.

Originally posted by clemso
    I only seem to remember him as the gay guy in the Madonna film.
    I think you are either confusing him with Rupert Everett, or Jennifer Aniston with Madonna, or a bit of both? They were pretty much the same film, whatever the case.

Last edited by samurainoir; Dec 20, '13, 1:12 AM.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

not great quality, but in case folks haven't seen this yet.

Comment

• clemso
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 8, 2001

I hope they keep that costume in that trailer, looks really good.

Originally posted by samurainoir
        not great quality, but in case folks haven't seen this yet.

Comment

• clemso
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 8, 2001

Ant-Man is bound to to Tie In with Avengers AOU (May 2015). He will have something to do with Ultron's creation leading into the Ant-Man movie (July 2015).

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by clemso
            Ant-Man is bound to to Tie In with Avengers AOU (May 2015). He will have something to do with Ultron's creation leading into the Ant-Man movie (July 2015).
            well, we all know Whedon lies, but this is his claim thus far...

Joss Whedon confirms that the movie shares only a title with the comic book event, and will instead be a totally original story. However, it WON'T feature Hank Pym and it sounds as if he will be a creation of Iron Man's! Hawkeye is also set to have a much larger role in the "global" sequel. Now with video!

Well, because there was a book called 'Age of Ultron' quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we're doing, but that is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside.
            We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from The Avengers we already know about. It's a little bit darker than the other film because Ultron is in the house. There's a science fiction theme that wasn't there in the other one. Ultron is definitely something that evolves, so we're going to get together a couple of different iterations. Nothing can be translated exactly as it was from the comics; particularly Ultron.
            Last edited by samurainoir; Dec 20, '13, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Well, if I was a Disney/Marvel exc, associating the Ant-Man movie into Avengers 2 = more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I simply don't believe that Disney/Marvel would pass that chance up, seeing as Ant-Man comes out only 2 months after the Avengers. Hank Pym/Ant-Man is also an original Avengers. They would be scoring a huge own goal imho.

Originally posted by samurainoir
              well, we all know Whedon lies, but this is his claim thus far...

Joss Whedon confirms that the movie shares only a title with the comic book event, and will instead be a totally original story. However, it WON'T feature Hank Pym and it sounds as if he will be a creation of Iron Man's! Hawkeye is also set to have a much larger role in the "global" sequel. Now with video!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎