Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double anniversary for the super friends!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Double anniversary for the super friends!!

[B]Okay, I may be a day late and a dollar short, but yesterday, September 8, was the 40th anniversary of when the original Super Friends series made its Saturday Morning debut. It was September 8 in the 9:00 time slot in 1973. Yep. The lackluster season with Wendy, Marvin, and Wonder Dog, but the very first season nonetheless.

On an unofficial note: It's also the 30th anniversary of the Lost Episodes that would have aired in 1983 on Saturday Mornings had the ABC network not pulled the series from the lineup in favor of cartoons like the Monchichis, The Littles, and the Puppy's Adventures.[Ugh!/B]

Anyway, for fans of the Super Friends, I thought I'd post this useless knowledge.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

NO Super Friends knowledge is useless! 40 years later, the name still resonates with a lot of folks. Heck, DC wouldn't have a pre-school brand with that name if it weren't so.

So SF was a go for 1983 here in the US, and ABC pulled it at the last minute? I recall Saturday morning was really dry for a couple of years in the early 80s...

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

Cool. Funny thing about the lost eps and it being yanked is I didn't notice at the time because the Marvel toons at the time were filling whatever superhero craving I had on Saturday mornings.
      Once SF was reinstated with the Super Powers push I was right back watching it.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎