Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

And DC wonders why the older clinets are dropping there titles.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Man, in the 90's it was big pouches, big pectoral muscles, big guns. 20 years later, and everyone's wearing armor and extraneous lines and vents.

Meh.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>you made me think if I've ever met a sole whose openly lamented the loss of Heroes Reborn. Nope.

Ah, but the nostalgia wave is one of time, not content. It's the FEELINGS that the material brings up, not the material itself; so we'll probably live long enough to hear SOMEONE get all gooshy for it. Even MORE sobering, we'll probably live long enough to hear a lot of these books become "lost classics."

Thinkin' on it, I suspect the latter is more likely.... or will happen with greater frequency since I suspect both will occur. The 00's will be something of a lost era for the Big Two-ish 'cos of their diminishing fan base. Most of their current readers are already old and set in their ways. But somebody will lament their passing, and it's likely that'll lead to others "discovering" these lost works. Maybe now will become another "GoGo Checks" era; remembered mostly as a cultural aberration and something of a wacky, almost comedic time. Or the late 50's; a period of decline and repetition with the odd jem hidden away. That might be more likely, given the current circumstances they find themselves in.

Don C.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
          Mighty Man/Monster Maker
          • Aug 14, 2007

Wow! That looks crappy!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
          https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎