X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

TwoMorrows sale: 50% off magazines

TwoMorrows Publishing : MAGAZINES - SUBSCRIPTIONS ALMOST SOLD OUT! BUNDLES CATALOG BOOKS MAGAZINES FREE stuff! In PREVIEWS Now! DIGITAL Only comics, comic books, cartoonists, art, Jack Kirby, Lego, Brick Journal

TwoMorrows is running another one of their great sales. I love nearly all of their stuff, especially Back Issue, which I subscribe to, and even contributed to several times. I just ordered a few issues of Alter Ego and the recently released 1st issue of Comic Book Creator. Great stuff for old school comic fans like us here!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

CHris, I read those you gave me and they really take me back to a magical time in comics. I do have a question since before this week I'd not read either. What's the main difference between Alter Ego and Back Issue? Same publisher, same genre. Just curious cause I might grab some of those at those prices.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Alter Ego is more Golden Age /Silver Age oriented, with emphasis on artists & writer bio interviews, details on publishers, etc. Back Issue is Bronze Age and a bit lighter in format style. Both are excellent too!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, what he said. Alter Ego is also a bit less objective, casting a bit more of Roy Thomas and others' personal opinions on the subjects, more so than the usual Back Issue article. I've never read an issue of either magazine that I didn't enjoy. If you are an older comics fan, you'll find something to interest you, for sure.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Thanks for the post Chris. Just ordered Back Issue 63 - 65. My comic store never ordered my copy of 63 which has the Marvel UK stuff in it. It's bad enough I don't get Marvels or DC's anymore...he screwed up the one thing I ordered in the last year that had to do with comics. Let's hope he doesn't screw up my Thunder Agents order. He told me he can get me all the covers for the 1st issue. I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

Love the covers on Back Issue and Alter Ego. It's sad that I'd rather read about comics than read comics.

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by madmarva
              Love the covers on Back Issue and Alter Ego. It's sad that I'd rather read about comics than read comics.

For this forum, that is post of the year. Feel the same way...
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Ditto. I've had a subscription to Back Issue for several years now...and my comic buying has dwindled to near nothingness.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎