Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman 3: What *really* happened in the junk yard scene?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Superman 3: What *really* happened in the junk yard scene?

Was he just fighting himself and imagining he was fighting Clark?

[email protected]
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

The hybrid Kryptonite effects Superman by turning him into a contradiction of himself. One side is corruptible, while the other side is what we know him to be. The good side finally breaks free and the two battle for supremacy. I think the battle is literal. Both are a manifestation of that one entity fighting for survival. When the dark side is destroyed, it simply evaporates and the good side takes over as the dominant form.

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

I quit trying to figure it out years ago. I just liked the fight scene.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
        The hybrid Kryptonite effects Superman by turning him into a contradiction of himself. One side is corruptible, while the other side is what we know him to be. The good side finally breaks free and the two battle for supremacy. I think the battle is literal. Both are a manifestation of that one entity fighting for survival. When the dark side is destroyed, it simply evaporates and the good side takes over as the dominant form.
        That's DEEP dude...just beautiful man. You should write poetry.

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Yes, really good explanation. More thought then the filmmakers probably brought to it.

Originally posted by enyawd72

[email protected]

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
            You have NO IDEA how much "poetry" I use when I talk about FTC. I have to pull myself from a really dark sphere and fight free to be...properly expressive?

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^ The Federal Trade Commission?
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                ^^ The Federal Trade Commission?
                Nice.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                  You have NO IDEA how much "poetry" I use when I talk about FTC. I have to pull myself from a really dark sphere and fight free to be...properly expressive?
                  That actually made me fall sideways laughing!!! You get a No Prize. OMG that is funny.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

IIRC, Reeves said it was supposed to be Bizarro, who he really wanted play so he could be Dark Superman. It got dropped, then Reeves went back to the idea for IV, and it was cut again. You can see Quest Bizarro in the comic adaptation.

Someone asked why a comedy director for Supes 3? Lester was the guy who did the completion work for Supes 2 after Donner had his falling out. He was an old-school shooter who worked for the Salkinds before. If you've ever seen his Musketeer movies, you can see what they were all aiming for. Superman was a silly fantasy romp to the Salkinds, which is blatant from Luthor to Pryor to Supergirl and their Superboy TV show.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎