The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which comic books have not been reprinted in hardcover??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 23, 2001

Which comic books have not been reprinted in hardcover??

There are so many books that haven't been reprinted yet...One that sticks out in my mind is Rom. That's definitely one I would buy if it ever came out in hardcover. All Star Squadron haven't been reprinted yet. I still don't get some of the choices by both Marvel and DC when it comes to reprinting books.
    "When not too many people can see we're all the same
    And because of all their tears,
    Their eyes can't hope to see
    The beauty that surrounds them
    Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
    By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
    Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Metamorpho and Rip Hunter are two at the top of my want list for reprints in the Archives format.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

The first 20 or so issues of All Star Squadron has been reprinted in the B/W trade PB Showcase format, but not in color in hardback.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I never understood why Metamorpho got a Showcase PB but not an Archive.

And more Kamandi!!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 23, 2001

I think the reason why I pose this question is because, especially with Marvel, they big 2 release some of the books that make you scratch your head and say huh?? Really, does there need to be a hardcover for Secret Wars 2. Every mini series they do now has a hardcover come out literally 1 week after the last issue comes out. It's why I stopped mini series years ago.
          "When not too many people can see we're all the same
          And because of all their tears,
          Their eyes can't hope to see
          The beauty that surrounds them
          Isn't it a pity".

- "Isn't It A Pity"
          By George Harrison

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list:
          Good Traders List - Page 80 - Mego Talk

Comment

• johnmiic
            Adrift
            • Sep 6, 2002

I think ROM is tied up. MARVEL never wanted to pay the guy who created the toy or the toy company to use ROM again. Now that Disney owns MARVEL I'll bet they would never use ROM or reprint the issues unless the owner sells/relinquishes his rights to Disney. ROM would definitely make a great movie.I'd love to see him brought to the big screen with Bill Mantlo's supporting characters and situations intact. They did sneak the ROM entry into a reprint of The Handbook to the MARVEL Universe.

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by johnmiic
              I think ROM is tied up. MARVEL never wanted to pay the guy who created the toy or the toy company to use ROM again. Now that Disney owns MARVEL I'll bet they would never use ROM or reprint the issues unless the owner sells/relinquishes his rights to Disney. ROM would definitely make a great movie.I'd love to see him brought to the big screen with Bill Mantlo's supporting characters and situations intact. They did sneak the ROM entry into a reprint of The Handbook to the MARVEL Universe.
              Yep, they've even had to remove issues from from other "essential" volumes where he's appeared. I personally prefer to pick up the original issues anyway, especially with something like Rom where there frquently found in 50 cent and dollar bins.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Miracleman
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 6, 2006

Originally posted by B-Lister
                  Miracleman
                  Not in hardcover but, Miracleman has been reprinted in 4 trade paperbacks. They are quite pricey though.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

I'd love to see ROM reprinted, but those pesky rights issues seem to be preventing it from happening. Same deal with Micronauts and Shogun Warriors, which I'd also love to see. I'm still kind of surprised (but happy) that Marvel bothered to work out a deal with Toho to get Godzilla reprinted (although I think I read somewhere that it was a one time deal, and the "Essential Godzilla" won't be reprinted or get hardcover treatment).

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by CaptainTrenchcoat
                      Not in hardcover but, Miracleman has been reprinted in 4 trade paperbacks. They are quite pricey though.
                      Correct on both counts. But the title was in regards to Hardcover, and out of print and extremely expensive does nothing for those of us who wish to read the material, but have no affordable means to do so.
                      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 6, 2006

Very true. Ever since Marvel announced that they own the rights to the character, I've been hoping for reprints and new material. Like a lot of people I'm sure.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 30, 2012

1970's Nova. Marvel collected the first 12 issues along with Amazing Spider-Man#171 as a TPB under the title Nova classic, but how long are we gonna have to wait for the rest of the series to get collected? Would also like to see Moon Knight collected as a hardcover. Same with the 1979-81 Marvel run of Battlestar Galactica. I know that Saga Of A Star World & Tombs Of Kobol/The Memory Machine were also collected as TPB, but come on. Maybe Dynamite Entertainment might be able to work something out with NBC/Universal.

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

After watching Man of Steel, Miracle/Marvelman Man has become an even more glaring omission to me. Now, I haven't read the issues since the mid 80s when the early issues were reprinted in the US, but the fighting and destruction in Goyer's script owes a ton to Moore's miracle man-Young Miracle Man fight.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎