X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun guy
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 24, 2011

DC Universe versus the masters of the universe mini-series

Did You guys find out about the DC Universe versus the masters of the universe six-issue mini-series which will be released in august?
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Should be a lot of fun. I still remember Superman meeting He-Man the first time around back in '82.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

DC couldn't resist New 52ing the MOTU characters too. Sigh.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Picked up the first issue yesterday.

Not bad. Interesting appearance by John Constantine.

Unfortunately, with the DCU heroes having their New 52 look and the MOTU characters also sporting their new re-designs, it lacks the classic vibe.

But it has potential.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

I'm curious, but hesitant. Does it read more like the New 52 with rampant raping, killing, and cussing or is it more all ages fun?
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Aricosaur
            Museum Super Collector
            • Jul 26, 2013

I'm quite enjoying this and the regular MOTU series. A pretty good update without destroying the source material. We have to wait 'til the next issue, at least, to see the DC superheroes appear (Constantine doesn't count.). I loved the revelation of who the blond woman is that is connecting the DC and MOTU worlds (it's a minor spoiler so I won't say who it is.).

I rather like most of the costume updates. Here's a pic of Stratos, Teela, He-Man/Prince Adam, and Man-at-Arms. Sorry Teela is facing away from 'camera.' This was the best group shot of all of the heroes that appear in the first issue.

I don't like the update of Skeletor. What's with those horns beside his face?

Originally posted by Godzilla
            I'm curious, but hesitant. Does it read more like the New 52 with rampant raping, killing, and cussing or is it more all ages fun?
            This issue is all ages safe, other than some light innuendo. The regular MOTU series is a little more violent, but not Geoff Johns Green Lantern violent. I'd say it's about on par with the Young Justice cartoon. I'm rather prudish and I didn't have a problem with it.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎