The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw IronMan 3 yesterday

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • drquest
    replied
    Originally posted by supes
    Any thoughts if it is to scary for a 6 year old girl?
    I just got back from seeing it. Had my 14 year old daughter, 11 year old son and two of their 14 year old friends and they all loved it!

    There might be some intense stuff for a 6 year old, has she seen the other 2? More of that, but with the intensity turned up several notches.

    Leave a comment:


  • supes
    replied
    Any thoughts if it is to scary for a 6 year old girl?

    Leave a comment:


  • MIB41
    replied
    There are aspects of Iron Man 2 that are enjoyable. Being a Mickey Rourke fan, I was okay with Whiplash, although he was woefully underwritten as an Iron man villain. But having Rourke play the role at least gave it spice where it otherwise would have been fairly generic. What derailed the movie for me was this repetitive story line regarding his arc reactor. It was a little too derivative from the first film. So that familiarity made the pacing painfully slow in places. The whole process of him getting drunk about it, discovering the technology for the new arc (which was one heck of a stretch even in that universe), and then creating the process to make it was very anti-climatic. You knew he would find a solution. And while it provided him a new energy source, that plot point probably served future story lines more relevance than what it did here. I'm anxious to get in and see this new one. But I'm not overly thrilled with the reworked Mandarin villain. And I'm hearing alot of noise on that front from those who have seen the film already. But we'll see. It may work really well for the purposes of this film. But early impressions from trailers have left me indifferent. Hoping for the best though.

    Leave a comment:


  • palitoy
    replied
    For me I just found the self destructive Tony sub plot lingered a little too long. I liked the movie OK and have watched it once more since then, I just felt like it was a near miss after the first one.

    Leave a comment:


  • hedrap
    replied
    Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
    All I could think as it was finally winding down was "I can't wait to never see that again". I really dug the first one. Lots of cool Iron Man armour though.
    I'm with you.

    I feel bad for some people who are going to see this.

    They're going to be told that a certain decision, which is bare-naked fear on Marvel's part, is actually "inspired" or some crap. When it's not. It's straight-up pandering fear to the people who co-financed the movie.

    ...and Shane Black is a liar who lies.

    I'm probably going to explode when we start a spoliers thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Toyroom
    replied
    The major downer for me in "IM2" was Whiplash as the villain. I just didn't care for that version. Looking forward to the Mandarin finally being the big bad in "3"...

    Leave a comment:


  • Earth 2 Chris
    replied
    I'm in the minority for actually liking Iron Man 2. I don't actually expect much out of these films, since I was never a HUGE Iron Man fan, just a casual reader. As long as I'm entertained, I'm good. We're going this Saturday to check it out.

    Chris

    Leave a comment:


  • palitoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darkmonkeygod
    All I could think as it was finally winding down was "I can't wait to never see that again".
    That's kind of how I felt during part 2. I didn't hate it (and boy did my son enjoy it) but I just kind of felt a little fatigued.

    Leave a comment:


  • darkmonkeygod
    replied
    All I could think as it was finally winding down was "I can't wait to never see that again". I really dug the first one. Lots of cool Iron Man armour though.

    Leave a comment:


  • madmarva
    replied
    Cool. The previews look promising.

    Leave a comment:


  • bobbait
    started a topic Saw IronMan 3 yesterday

    Saw IronMan 3 yesterday

    and it was fantastic!! .............that's all I'm gonna say.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎