Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - First Image Revealed + the Writers interview

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Nice action and all...but it feels more like a Jason Bourne movie than Captain America.

I mean...90% of the trailer was Steve Rogers in street clothes...or as CA with no mask...only 10% felt like he was in full (mask included) Captain America uniform.
    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I don't care...in or out of costume he's still CAPTAIN AMERICA to me!
      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Bucky's back!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
          Nice action and all...but it feels more like a Jason Bourne movie than Captain America.

I mean...90% of the trailer was Steve Rogers in street clothes...or as CA with no mask...only 10% felt like he was in full (mask included) Captain America uniform.
          Nothing is worse than superheroes who don't wear masks... eh, Hector?

Comment

• Operation:Mego
            I'm the Star Spangled Man
            • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
            Bucky's back!!!!!!

That picture is the very definition of bad-***!
            sigpic
            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Last edited by Operation:Mego; Feb 3, '14, 9:44 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I never thought I'd see Cap and Falcon on the big screen. This is probably the first hero film I'm excited about in ages.

This came through on my facebook feed and I nearly did a spit take but alas it's from the XXX version that I'm not sure anyone needs....

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MegoSteve
                  Superman's Pal
                  • Jun 17, 2005

I am looking forward to this, too.

A classic Superman fan on my Facebook feed made an interesting remark today and reading it kind of flipped a switch in my brain... he said three actors that have really owned their screen characters are Christopher Reeve as Superman, Antonio Banderas as Zorro, and Chris Evans as Captain America. I never really thought of it before, but Evans' portrayal of Cap sure reminds me a lot of Christopher Reeve's turn as Superman... just a very charismatic guy playing a likable, old-fashioned, good-guy character. There's just an optimism to Evans' Captain America and to Reeve's Superman that I find very appealing, especially considering the modern trend of the dark, brooding hero (thanks a lot, Batman).

So does anyone have a Hot Toys First Avenger Captain America for sale cheap?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I really am not very excited about ASM2, even though I enjoyed the first one. The first Cap movie is my favorite Marvel film period, so I am beyond stoked for this. The new trailer looks fantastic. And I agree with Brian, I'd never thought we'd see Cap and the Falcon in live action. It looks like they are letting Evans continue his pitch-perfect characterization for Steve as well. It shines in this trailer.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

A classic Superman fan on my Facebook feed made an interesting remark today and reading it kind of flipped a switch in my brain... he said three actors that have really owned their screen characters are Christopher Reeve as Superman, Antonio Banderas as Zorro, and Chris Evans as Captain America. I never really thought of it before, but Evans' portrayal of Cap sure reminds me a lot of Christopher Reeve's turn as Superman... just a very charismatic guy playing a likable, old-fashioned, good-guy character. There's just an optimism to Evans' Captain America and to Reeve's Superman that I find very appealing, especially considering the modern trend of the dark, brooding hero (thanks a lot, Batman).
                      Yes, yes and yes! I've felt that Evans brings that same level of sincerity, of earnestness to the role that Reeve brought to Superman. They are the hearts of both of their respective universes as well, the hero other heroes turn to.

I also think it's much easier to play the brooding, damaged vigilante (Batman) or the jet-set smart-arse (Iron Man) than the upright moral character (Cap and Supes). Pulling that off in this day and age is no small feat.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• MegoSteve
                        Superman's Pal
                        • Jun 17, 2005

I agree... sincere is a good word for what both Evans and Reeve have done with their characters.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          The first Cap movie is my favorite Marvel film period, so I am beyond stoked for this. action. It looks like they are letting Evans continue his pitch-perfect characterization for Steve as well. It shines in this trailer.

Chris
                          Agreed, agreed and agreed!!! The first Cap is my favorite Superhero film...PERIOD!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Chris Evans really is Captain America. He's perfect for the role; he plays him straight, like a good man as Erskine says. His presence on screen as Cap is very commanding. Especially the scenes when he and Stark go toe-to-toe, then when he takes charge and leads everybody in the final battle; those moments are some of the film's best. Not to mention he looks exactly like Steve from the comic.
                            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Captain America The Winter Soldier costume was based on Super Soldier comic book look, co-director Joe Russo discusses Captain America's makeover:

"It was about a real world grounding approach to the character, in the spirit of Ed Brubaker's book, which is postmodern and deconstructionist and a grounded thriller. We wanted to put Cap in a space where he's a special forces operative for SHIELD who goes on missions around the world that are clandestine and sometimes require a certain level of anonymity or stealth. We wanted to use his Super Soldier outfit from the comic books as a way to represent, thematically, his place in the world of SHIELD and the difference between working for SHIELD and being Captain America. That's something that gets explored on a very concrete level in terms of what outfits are used in the film. We didn't feel like we were messing with the icon. People can say that they’re fans of the books if they're only loyal to the '60s and '70s version of the character – well, then you're a fan of that version of the character, but if you've been reading the books till the current runs then this is a journey that the character goes on and it’s a pretty explicit journey. We just felt like we were being faithful to the more recent issues of the books. The movie has a very thematic component in terms of the use of costumes. When you come to see the film I think you'll understand why we made the choice we made."

Now that Cap is removed from the Avengers for Captain America: The Winter Soldier, there’s no more pressure on his to be the “shiny one.” In modern day, Cap now runs missions for S.H
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎