X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Hanna-Barbera Super-Heroes

I've been collecting H-B cartoons the past few months and really enjoying them, especially the Toth designs.

How cool would it be to have them all exist in a "pocket universe" with continuity?

Particularly, the super-heroes Space Ghost, Birdman, Mightor, Blue Falcon, Dynomutt and perhaps Young Samson could be featured as a team--what might it be called?

The various side-kicks could form an auxilliary.

And the Quest crew, Herculoids, Shazzan, and Galaxy Trio could guest-star for different genre adventures. (Like SHIELD, the Inhumans, Dr. Strange, etc.)

Of course, I wish there were H-B reMegos.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 2, '13, 3:30 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

Space Stars from the early eighties did SORT of do it, but it was more crossovers than full fledge teamups. The HB superheros are long due for more cartoons.
    I sometimes wish Turner had never bought Hb and allowed Warner Brothers to get ahold of all those characters. Someone eles may have done more with them and maybe we would still be seeing the cartoons on syndication instead of having to depend on CN and Boomerang who are starting to show more and more newer cartoons.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
      Time to feed the cat
      • Dec 30, 2007

Can't forget about Commander Cool and Mellow Mutt

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^ And I didn't see the revised Blue Falcon & Dynomutt on Mystery, Inc.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

I'd watch or read it. There is a new Blue Falcon cartoon out on DVD.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

DC did that Space Ghost mini series years ago and then didn't do anything else with the properties...
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>I didn't see the revised Blue Falcon & Dynomutt on Mystery, Inc.

The Frank Miller one? It was pretty good. In a lot of ways the new Mystery Inc is becoming a sort of HB "Crisis on Infinite Earths" for the HB stuff.

Overall I'm kinda lukewarm on the idea of bringing them back. Most of them were pretty generic; although the sci-fi HB stuff had some awesome ideas and characters. If you could find some new take, or something to differentiate them from each other that'd be cool. Like the new Blue Falcon.... complete with Dinomutt origin.... or "Harvey Birdman: Attornery at Law." Both of which I enjoyed more than I probably should have.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎