X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Brainiac?

I may totally be off base, but could Brainiac be a surprise character in the Man of Steel film this summer?

Warner's is rerelasing a Superman vs. Braiac animated movie geared at kids and it's releasing Superman Unbound, which also features Brainiac in an adaption of Geoff Johns' take on the intergalactic city thief.

Obviously Warner is getting Superman material in the pipeline so maybe it's just a coincidence, but I hope it's not.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

One could only hope...I'm tired of Zod and Luthor 24/7
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It could be possible, especially if they tie into the STAS version where Brainiac was involved in Krypton's destruction.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

One can hope.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Brainiac has come so close to making it to the movies, several times. Once in Superman III, in the never-filmed Cary Bates-written Superman V with Chris Reeve, and of course the Burton/Cage fiasco Superman Lives.

I actually liked Spacey's Luthor, but we needed some Brainiac in Returns. And we need him now. Or I'll take Darkseid too, but I guess they are leaving him for that Justice League movie that will never happen.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Operation:Mego
            I'm the Star Spangled Man
            • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Brainiac has come so close to making it to the movies, several times. Once in Superman III, in the never-filmed Cary Bates-written Superman V with Chris Reeve, and of course the Burton/Cage fiasco Superman Lives.

I actually liked Spacey's Luthor, but we needed some Brainiac in Returns. And we need him now. Or I'll take Darkseid too, but I guess they are leaving him for that Justice League movie that will never happen.

Chris
            Brainiac was planned for the Returns sequel, and the kryptonite island would have played a part too. And have you read the script for Lives? It was actually really good (though Smith stated once Burton got brought on board, things went downhill from there).
            sigpic
            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I forgot Singer promised Brainiac and a "Wrath of Khan" type sequel. I think part of that was a desperate scramble not to lose the sequel.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Red Hulk
                Career Member
                • Dec 19, 2012

I'm all for Brainiac as a part of a Superman movie Metallo would be pretty cool too.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Brainiac is my absolute favorite Superman villain.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

It could be possible, especially if they tie into the STAS version where Brainiac was involved in Krypton's destruction.
                    That would make the most sense to me. But then you have the "organic webshooter haters" contingent to worry about. Personally, I prefer as much streamlining/condensing as possible because it leaves less exposition to deal with.

Also, to me, Brainiac is second to Luthor in who should be involved in a Superman franchise, so if Luthor's not prominent in MOS,
                    or its sequel, I hope Brainiac shows up sooner than later.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

I could see Brainiac maybe being set up for the sequel with some involvement in MOS. The animated series did a nice job of connecting Brainiac to Krypton and it's destruction, while keeping the essence of the villain. Smallville took a similar route with it's version of Brainiac.

I just hope MOS is good and does enough business. It would be a shame if Brainiac were set up, but the movie flopped a nd the character never really gets fully developed similar to Sinestro in the GL flick.
                      Last edited by madmarva; Mar 3, '13, 9:19 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

That would make the most sense to me. But then you have the "organic webshooter haters" contingent to worry about. Personally, I prefer as much streamlining/condensing as possible because it leaves less exposition to deal with.
                        I think that crowd would be more forgiving when it comes to Brainiac, since DC has rebooted his backstory numerous times, even within the same continuity. A connection to Krypton would beat a possessed circus mentalist, anyhow.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
                          That 80's guy
                          • Jul 27, 2011

Brainiac would be fine by me, I just want Luthor to sit it out in jail this time around.

I'm hoping that if theres a sequel to MOS, Superman sees a tailor at the beginning of the film.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

A connection to Krypton would beat a possessed circus mentalist, anyhow.
                            Good bargaining chip. I didn't take the "compromise" aspect into context.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

#3?

I say Bizarro. Not to threadjack... but I didn't want to start another thread just for Bizarro that wouldn't get any posts After Luthor, Brainiac and Bizarro, I say any villain is fair game (altho' I have have other choicesI could lean towards (***cough*** Parasite ***cough***). I don't begrudge them holding out on Luthor due to his overuse, but I find it amusing that to replace Luthor, they chose the OTHER big Reeve-era villain to feature in MOS. Talk about a "safe" move.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎