X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Comic Buyer's Guide: RIP

I had a subscription to CBG for years and years. In fact, I was sent the first issue of Toy Shop just because I was already a CBG subscriber (I then subscribed to both for a while). I will admit that the much flashier Wizard took my money away from CBG, and I never really went back.

To a mid-80s kid stuck in a small town with no comic shop and dwindling magazine rack space, CBG was my pipeline to a greater world of comics. A newspaper about comics? CRAZY!!!

I specifically remember seeing the first photos from the Batman film and Flash TV series in CBG...exciting times for this DC fanboy.

RIP CBG. Thanks for the good reads.

Chris
    sigpic
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

The times they are a changin'...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

A lot of good times cruising for toys in those crudely done, handwritten ad spaces.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Sad. I had a subscription to it from around 1982 until it went to the magazine format. Loved the old Hembeck covers, Evanier and David's columns and Don's reviews and the debates in the oh so letter pages. A review of Moore's JLA issue of Swamp Thing prompted me to try the title again after I had dropped it. One of the best suggestions ever involving entertainment for me. Another review turned me on to Miller's DareDevil. I always thought of the character as a bargain basement Batman until then. CBG always gave something to look forward to on Thursdays. But I hadn't thought about it for a long time until I saw a story on Bleeding Cool yesterday.
        Last edited by madmarva; Jan 10, '13, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎