• sauce
    Removed
    • Jun 24, 2007

Oh wow, it's time for a new hobby!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I thought NOW Comics went out years ago. I haven't seen any Ralph Snart comics in a while...

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

You know with the digital age, it's not going to be long before the printed page is rendered obsolete. Publicly traded companies will not be able to justify printing and distribution costs when they can have their product purchased as a digital image. I know the comic consumer still wants something they can hold in their hands, but at some point I think the industry will force the change. As more and more national magazines fold, printing costs will soar even higher and there will be little choice left than to concede to your IPAD.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Craptacular!!!

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

"You better redneckognize!"
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I didn't even know who this kid was until I saw a commercial a few weeks ago. I try to stay out of the Reality TV dumpster for the most part.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                You know with the digital age, it's not going to be long before the printed page is rendered obsolete. Publicly traded companies will not be able to justify printing and distribution costs when they can have their product purchased as a digital image. I know the comic consumer still wants something they can hold in their hands, but at some point I think the industry will force the change. As more and more national magazines fold, printing costs will soar even higher and there will be little choice left than to concede to your IPAD.
                I certainly think at some point they're going to TRY and force the change, but when that happens, I'm pretty sure it will be "New Coke" all over again, and the fans will revolt. People still want ownership, and I think that's important. With digital comics, you're totally at the mercy of the site that hosts them. They simply allow you access to them. What if they decide not enough people read back issues and decide to pull them from their site? You're SOL, that's what. I'll take a printed copy I can read whenever I want, whether my internet's working, the power's out, or my batteries need recharged.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

Honey Boo-Boo!

ARE THESE PEOPLE NUTS???

This is one of the UGLIEST children on the planet, and she's getting a comic!!!??

NO WAY JOSE!!!

Ain't buyin' it, no way, no how.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• Random Axe
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Apr 16, 2008

Maybe they can do a crossover with Dale Keown's Pitt where he eviscerates her and then eats her and makes a corn-impacted Honey Poo Poo.

Since the publisher doesn't have to pay printing costs or shipping, I'd say their overhead is pretty small outside of a server and paying the artists, who probably worked on the cheap for a quick buck. This will last about two months, they'll make a little money and will shut down.
                    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Brazoo
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 14, 2009

Is the "15 Minutes" at the top a reference to the Warhol quote?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

No, that's HBB's attention span due to being hopped-up on go-go juice.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                          I'm the Star Spangled Man
                          • May 21, 2011

I'm not even surprised by this.

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I didn't even know who this kid was until I saw a commercial a few weeks ago. I try to stay out of the Reality TV dumpster for the most part.

Chris
                          Watch South Park's 'Raising the Bar.' You will laugh your *** off.
                          sigpic
                          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• ctc
                            Fear the monkeybat!
                            • Aug 16, 2001

>With digital comics, you're totally at the mercy of the site that hosts them.

To a degree, but that depends on the format for your comics. You can get non volatile downloads, save 'em externally as a generic .jpg or somesuch and you're golden.

>People still want ownership, and I think that's important.

I think it is in terms of cost. The current crop of fans mostly wants to read their funnybooks and isn't too worried about format. I think there's a lingering speculator's market out there.... especially for the superhero stuff.... and THEY'RE unhappy about digital; but I think the biggest stumblig block for the digital format is cost. Folks are okay with it, but still feel odd paying close to cover price on a tangible.

>This will last about two months, they'll make a little money and will shut down.

It's the 90's all over again!

THIS one scares the horque out of me. I'd hate to see comics become little more than vanity projects and tie-ins for personal hype machines. It'd choke out the progeress we'd been making audience and content wise since the superheroes got out of the way.

Don C.

Comment

• boynightwing
                              That Carl Guy
                              • Apr 24, 2002

I only know who she is from South Park. LOL what a terrible world we live in. We have these amazing television sets now but there is nothing worth watching with them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎