X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RottingDead
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 27, 2012

Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance

So,I held off until last night to see this because of the general negativity surrounding the film.
    Any thoughts on this film?
    Will give some time to hear from you folk until I reveal My thoughts on it.
  • boynightwing
    That Carl Guy
    • Apr 24, 2002

It's best to expect NOTHING from it. That way you can be pleasantly surprised when it doesn't suck all that much. At least that's what I did. I liked the movie in the end. It was way better then the first movie.

Comment

• clemso
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 8, 2001

I watched this for the first time recently too and wished i hadn't. This is a terrible terrible film, on par with Halle Berry's Catwoman.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Just when you think Cage's acting skills can't get any worse there he goes and surprises you. That aside it's indeed best not to expect anything. I wouldn't go as far as Clem and call it a terrible terrible movie, but it sure isn't gonna win any Oscars either. Clear your mind, expect nothing and you might enjoy it somewhat
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Operation:Mego
          I'm the Star Spangled Man
          • May 21, 2011

I liked more than I thought I would. It's better than the first one, though sometimes Cage goes and pulls a full hammy.
          Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jan 8, '13, 8:14 PM.
          sigpic
          The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Brazoo
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 14, 2009

I didn't see the first one.

If anything I think Cage made the movie fun and everything else was a little dull and predictable.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I never thought Nicholas Cage was a good casting choice for Johnny Blaze. I felt he was the wrong personality and age. In this second installment he has aged considerably more since he first outing, so the casting feels even more out of place. The dialogue and jokes were, at times, so bad they made me wince and the villains looked ONCE AGAIN like outcasts from a Twilight movie. Why is it so hard to find this hero a good villain? The one thing I did like about the first movie was the bike and that was sadly replaced by a substandard model that had considerably less presence. So, for me, this was a pretty lifeless installment.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                Permanent Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

Personally I didn't like it, I liked the first better. I think it comes down to how you feel about Cage doing the part and what kind of Ghost Rider do you want. My only experience with GH from back when I read comics was the old 70's - 80's Johnny Blaze version and I never got into him even then so it was only a passing knowledge. I never did the new versions so the first movie seemed like a decent telling of the story where as the second movie was a TOTALLY different take on the character and I think more of a modern one taken from the comics of the same SoV name. I usually don't care what actor is playing a part as long as I like how they do it so I didn't mind Cage as GH.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

For me, could have been better, could have been worse.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

I saw it recently on stars and only a few comic films came up worse (daredevil and the recent punishers were worse). It made the first film (which was ok but needed much more flaming skeleton scenes) look like a masterpiece. it's an hour and a half you can't get back and when it's all over little was memorable.
                    The acting was bad all around. The villian would have been right at home in a made for tv movie or an episode of Airwolf.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Saw it thought it was Crappy, the first one looks like a masterpiece compared to that garbage, Nicholas Cage is so miscast it's not even funny, shame. what would it have taken just to cast a young guy to play Blaze instead of that geezer Cage.......

Comment

• RottingDead
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Dec 27, 2012

I have mixed feelings on the film.
                        I am a Ghost Rider fan,not of the films but the comics.
                        Didn't like the first film because,well I never pictured Cage as Blaze and the fact the villains were just weak.
                        Spirit of Vengeance is such a mixed bag.
                        Again we get Nicolas Cage (why couldn't we have Paul Walker?) and no real threatening villain,but we do get some excellent scenes of Ghost Rider and even the animated cut scenes were presented well.
                        I like the fact that Ghost Rider exhibited the insanity from the comics and He looked freaking amazing.
                        Also liked his laugh while running the mining machine and how he ran towards the bad guys with chains dragging behind him.
                        It wasn't great and Nicolas Cage has all ready expressed interest in doing a part 3.....sigh.
                        Why cant we just get a new Blaze actor and some serious bad guy for Him to fight?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

i liked it. not a great movie by any means but still fun.

Comment

• RottingDead
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Dec 27, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                            i liked it. not a great movie by any means but still fun.
                            Who would be the best bad guy for Ghost Rider to fight if they do indeed make a third film?
                            Also,who would be a good choice for Johnny Blaze?

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

Last time I watched the show Arrow, I thought the guy that plays Green Arrow would have made a pretty good Johnny Blaze.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎