• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

THIS is funny!

5 Upcoming Comic Book Movies That Must Be Stopped | Cracked.com

Some harsh language; although I think the comments will offend you guys more. (Especially you Namor fans.)

Don C.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I wouldn't mind seeing a Green Lantern or a Shazam if done right but Namor, Luke Cage and Thor don't exactly thrill me....
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

These would probably suck,but I'd watch them anyways
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• bobbait
        What, me worry?
        • Jun 9, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
        I wouldn't mind seeing a Green Lantern or a Shazam if done right but Namor, Luke Cage and Thor don't exactly thrill me....
        DC Fanboy!!
        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

^ Yeah but besides that....I don't think the Marvel characters (with the possible exception of Thor) have the "name" recognition for the general public. At least GL and Capt Marvel are B list characters....Namor and Luke Cage are C level at best. Thor hasn't been a hit for Marvel since probably the Walt Simonson days.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by bobbait
            DC Fanboy!!
            We could start a 10 page thread with all the negatives Anthony has said about Marvel.

I don't blame him though.

I think the Idea of a Thor Movie would be great, However I would love to see a Green Lantern Movie sometime soon. Hell, if Johnn's wrote it, surly a trilogy would be inorder.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

If Thor were done right it would be a good movie. I'd like to see it stay close to Kirby's trippy cosmic stuff.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Airdave817
                Satellite Monitor Duty
                • May 31, 2007

1) Namor, The Sub-Mariner.
                Not sure if this could ever work on film. I'm sorry. Unless he was in the next Fantastic Four movie. And wore more clothes. I just can't buy the speedo - or the ankle wings - outside of the comics or the '60's cartoon. I am willing to accept a little artistic license for that as long as he is still and arrogant SOB.

2) Captain Marvel
                Could be very cool is they went with Jerry Ordway's interperetation. That he was orphaned, not abandoned. That the adult male that took him to the Wizard Shazam looked like the ghost of hsi father. I think I might even buy the waist sash.

3) Luke Cage, Power Man
                I'm beginning to think these guy were chosen only for their wardobe malfunctions. Lose the headband or adapt it or explain it. Ditch the yellow shirt. Make the pants black or black leather.

I like the first Blade movie. So maybe his origins only need to be tweaked slightly. SLIGHTY.

4) Thor
                No long hair, and make his clothes more Norse - animal skins and armor. Oaky maybe I was the only one who saw and like Antonio Banderas' The 13th Warrior; it may have sucked, but the Vikings were pretty well portrayed in the movie. I'm ashamed to be a Scandinavian (my gandfather was a Swede and my grandmother was Norwegian - a regular friggin' Romeo and Juliet) and have Thor's costume represent me.

5) Green Lantern
                Whoever is writing and directing this had better rent Top Gun or Apollo 13 or The Right Stuff or some movie with PLANES in it - and not Planes Trains and Automobiles. Maybe Top Gun and Alien. And watch Tom Skerrit.
                Shameless self-promotion -
                Earth-Dave
                KROC-FM
                Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                  Pat Troughton in disguise
                  • Nov 21, 2007

4) Thor
                  No long hair, and make his clothes more Norse - animal skins and armor. Oaky maybe I was the only one who saw and like Antonio Banderas' The 13th Warrior; it may have sucked, but the Vikings were pretty well portrayed in the movie. I'm ashamed to be a Scandinavian (my gandfather was a Swede and my grandmother was Norwegian - a regular friggin' Romeo and Juliet) and have Thor's costume represent me.
                  I liked 13th Warrior too....and really liked the vikings in Pathfinder.
                  ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎