• clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Josh Trank's Fantastic Four set for March 2015

2015 is going to be some year for movies. I better save up now

• Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Let's hope Marvel's First Family get the treatment they deserve this time, and the film makers stick close to the comics.

Anything's gotta be better than those two Tim Story abominations.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• clemso
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 8, 2001

I think Rise Of The Silver Surfer could have been as epic as the Avengers. They just needed to have the guts to actually put Galactus in and throw in a army of doombots for good measure. Also the Thing needed to look like the Thing, not a lump of turd. Perhaps Disney can strike a deal with Fox to have some kind of tie in with the Avengers like Sony have been rumored to be doing with Spidey.
      Last edited by clemso; Dec 8, '12, 6:10 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

March release? Isn't that where movies go to die?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Well, I think it used to be, but in recent times studios have released some potentially big pictures in March to big money. Hunger Games was all the buzz with no competition for over a month before the summer movies started to creep in by May.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Hunger Games had a built in 'tween audience, FF just has us middle aged dorks.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Okay, well 300 came out in March too. So it's become a place to put movies that COULD do well, but clear the field of competition, I suppose.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

Maybe Fox are seeing it how it is. They know they don't have the jump on the competition, so maybe going first is the only way to draw some $$$ and attention. A FF reboot is hardly going to compete for dollar in the same year as Avengers 2, Star Wars 7, possibly Avatar 2 and even the Justice League.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

I don't know about the dollars, but "Chronicle" was an excellent super-villain secret origin story. I'm looking forward to what Trank can do with the FF. Castings going to be key. I thought the first two FF movies did a good job casting Ben and Johnny, but Reed was terribly miscast and as hot as Jessica Alba was in blue spandex or anything for that matter, she wasn't right for the role either.

I'm glad it's being targeted for March instead of the summer so it will have some room. It won't do Avengers money in March, but it probably wouldn't at any point on the calendar even without other super hero competition.

At one point I was optimistic for a JLA movie, but unless Man of Steel is just a monster this summer, I'm having more and more doubts that it will ever come to fruition. Hope I'm dead wrong about that, though.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                    I'm the Star Spangled Man
                    • May 21, 2011

2015 is gonna be a kick-*** year comic book films!

The upcoming film will be produced by Fox and will share continuity with the X-Men series, though still separate from the official Marvel Cinematic Universe produced by Marvel Studios. The film titled The Fantastic Four will be released on March 6, 2015.
                    sigpic
                    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I tell you what. 2015 is getting big time crowded with huge movies. I realize you don't want to park this reboot in a summer dominated by Star Wars - Episode 7, Avengers 2, and the Justice League. But March? I hope they have some stronger ideas this time. And I hope they CGI the Thing so he looks as menacing as he should. Could be very cool.

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

Yeah, they need to ramp the Thing's strength up. He's meant to be almost as strong as the Hulk.

Originally posted by MIB41
                        I tell you what. 2015 is getting big time crowded with huge movies. I realize you don't want to park this reboot in a summer dominated by Star Wars - Episode 7, Avengers 2, and the Justice League. But March? I hope they have some stronger ideas this time. And I hope they CGI the Thing so he looks as menacing as he should. Could be very cool.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎