X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surfsup
    Silver Chrome Dome
    • Dec 2, 2005

Y: The Last Man Finale

I've just read the finale to this series, it was a fitting end to a great book. It'll be interesting to see how they adapt it for the proposed movie/movies.

Has anyone else been reading this and checked out the last issue yet?
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

Glad it's gonna have a definate finish...am doing the trades so a bit behind at the mo
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• MarkStalcup
      Chases Ambulances,Customs
      • Feb 6, 2008

I haven't seen the comic yet, but I did have the ending spoiled for me inadvertently. Seems rather cool and I liked the end...I want to pick it up sometime but I'm focused on getting the Neal Adams Batman hardcovers, and the Absolute Sandman volumes.

I guess the movie only is slated to adapt the first few issues. Turns out the writer also has done some work for "Lost," which is good news for anybody worried about whether that show's conclusion will satisfy.
      “As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.” - The Dalai Lama

Comment

• davidb
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2007

Haven't gotten it yet - I was snowed under last week and had to put my higher priced books (the last Y and the new Death of the New Gods) back on hold so I could grab my Absolute Sandman statue.

Planning to pick it up this week.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I read at the shop just, I don't read Y but it's my wife's favourite book next to Fables. She doesn't do individual issues so I just wanted to tease her with my awesome spoiler knowledge.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Looking forward to reading the final trade!

Hopefully BKV will have a chance to stockpile lots of comic book work before he has to go back to work on this season's Lost (if it does come back). One of the few benefits of the writer's strike is that those that write comics and TV like Jeph Loeb, BKV, Allan Heinberg, JMS et al can sit there and get their books out one time! Maybe we'll even see Young Avengers come back sooner rather than later!
            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎