Clear All
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Bryan Singer confirmed for First Class Sequel

• MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

I really liked the production design on that one.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

I guess I'm in the minority hoping for a complete reboot of the X-Men movie universe.

There are a few elements of the existing X films that I like, but overall I feel the franchise has been mishandled on the big screen and I'd love to see a fresh take.

__
      Last edited by Bruce Banner; Oct 31, '12, 4:44 AM.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

I've enjoyed the X-Men movies for what they are. Really enjoyed First Class, but I wouldn't mind something closer to the source material, too. Singer was the obvious choice when Vaughn backed out. He would have directed First Class if he hadn't have had a commitment to Warners to direct a Jack in the Beanstalk adaption that never saw fruition.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
          I guess I'm in the minority hoping for a complete reboot of the X-Men movie universe.

There are a few elements of the existing X films that I like, but overall I feel the franchise has been mishandled on the big screen and I'd love to see a fresh take.

__
          I Agree .
          About the Only thing I like About X-Men Movies , is Jackman as Wolverine, and Jean Luke as Proffessor X .

They can **** can the Rest, Starting with Singer Please. Most Over rated Name is Super Hero Hollywod.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

Singer is okay. THe only reason we have the sheer number of comic movies we do now is due to the successes of the first two X-Men films, however flawed they were. Singer is still living off of his hype from Usual Suspects and completely missed the mark with Superman Returns. I thought First Class was the best of the comic films last Summer, so this new wrinkle of time travel and using multiple casts for different X-Men roles is fascinating.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

I think the Avengers has raised the bar on Super Team movies and the expectation is sky high. The X films already seem dated.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Singer Missed his Damn Mark with X-Men too Scott.
                If people actually read the books, they would see that, but the Problem is, People Don't ...., and Superman is just more so Popular and Media Popular, thats why It Fell so much more Flat .

X-men 1 & 2 Came off as more so successful, because they were in the Handful of "1st Marvel Super Hero" Movies at the time of this new Hollywood move.

NightCrawler's Scene at the Begining of X-2 was the greatest scene opener in the History of Comicbook Movies, where the Rest of the Movie was Complete Garbage and never lived up to it.

Again ...., JackMan and Jean Luke are the Only Redeeming Qualities of The Entire X-Men Franchise.
                Last edited by BlackKnight; Oct 31, '12, 12:39 PM.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Ennnhh....I'm tired of the whole X-Men genre...comics and movies...
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                    Ennnhh....I'm tired of the whole X-Men genre...comics and movies...
                    Ditto.......

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I really liked the First Class sort of reboot, too bad this is going to end up back in the Singer-verse.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎