Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1976 super hero record case...(my first time seeing one)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigphill
    • Apr 6, 2012

1976 super hero record case...(my first time seeing one)

I am a avid record collector as well s other things, and for the life of me I can't understand why I never seen one of these before. I was over a friends house yesterday discussing records and I saw one sitting on his table...I was like....how much you want for it..so he told me $15....of course I didn't have any money onme, and was about to go to the ATM, but that storm was too much for me to even think about going back to his house to pick up. This case is nice.
  • stevenlore
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 4, 2009

I had that...It was white with DC heroes, I believe.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I always wanted those, and my wife got me one a few years back at a nearby antique store. I keep my Mego custom parts in it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I remember these--are they scarce?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MegoSteve
          Superman's Pal
          • Jun 17, 2005

I don't think they're particularly scarce... I see them at flea markets and toy shows all the time. I don't think many were disposed of in comparison to something like a toy, because a record case is something with a practical function. If you are keeping your records, you'll keep the case.

They're definitely cool. Which size did you see?

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I always wanted those, and my wife got me one a few years back at a nearby antique store. I keep my Mego custom parts in it.

Chris
            Same here! It serves as nice storage for loose parts.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎