X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Liefeld Retires

Who is comics fandom gonna kick around now?

In a Facebook thread stared by Ethan Van Sciver, he stated I would like to Rob Liefeld to draw Badrock Obama. But he won't. A mashup of Barack Obama and
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I'll believe it when I don't see it. He's a known name; SOMEBODY will offer him enough to come back and produce a few pages a year.

Don C.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Just give him some time, and he'll be back on his feet again...just don't expect him to draw them.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• boynightwing
        That Carl Guy
        • Apr 24, 2002

He didn't retire. He just poorly phrases things. much like how he poorly draws things.

In a Facebook thread stared by Ethan Van Sciver, he stated I would like to Rob Liefeld to draw Badrock Obama. But he won't. A mashup of Barack Obama and

From his Twitter: I am NOT retired from comics. Taking some time off and will be back at it soon. Thanks!

No I am not permanently retired from comics. I’m too young! Momentarily, yes. Geez, let a guy enjoy some R and R

My mistake is that I don’t give facebook comments the same weight as I do twitter rants. Lesson learned.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Goodbye and good riddance. Definitely a error (pun intended) in comics I'd like to forget.

Comment

• Random Axe
            The Voice of Reason
            • Apr 16, 2008

I'll give him credit for stretching his limited talent pool into what he eventually became. In twenty plus years he never got better, just richer. How many people can make that claim?

I really think, of all the Image guys, his Extreme Studios was the biggest disappointment as far as potential. He had some really cool characters and concepts that was just poorly executed. Youngblood should have been so much better. When he opened the doors to real writers like Moore on Supreme, look at how those ideas took off. Too bad it was waaaaay too late to save his company.
            I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>I'll give him credit for stretching his limited talent pool into what he eventually became.

Y'know.... when you put it that way I can't disagree. He's the William Hung of comics!

>In twenty plus years he never got better, just richer.

You've hit on my main complaint with Liefield. I'm not put off by the weird anatomy, oversize guns, bendy swords, tiny, tiny feet.... what really puts me off his stuff is that after reading one or two of his books you've seen every design, pose, and composition you ever will. He was never very versatile, and he never increased his repitoire.

>He had some really cool characters and concepts that was just poorly executed.

Well.... he had some pretty bombastic stuff, but most of his characters didn't have a lot of room to develop and didn't bring too much new to the superhero party. So after a couple issues you'd seen everything you were going to.

Don C.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

He and George Lucas are starting their own club.
                Their theme song will be "nobody loves me"...
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Apositive
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 3, 2011

I give him some credit, I like his New Mutants work but overall I'm glad he's decided to quit. Too bad he didn't decide this before all of that Image junk product that flooded the market in the 1990s.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Who is comics fandom gonna kick around now?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/...t-from-comics/
                    They can always pick on Toddy Mac and his obsession with baseballs.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎