Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With all the talk of Comic Book Reprints...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

With all the talk of Comic Book Reprints...

I've been buying Marvel UK books, Mighty World Of Marvel and Avengers UK, for the better part of a month now and the first thing that struck me was the fact that they are Magazine Sized. Closer to the original size of the original 2-up art of the 40's through the early 90's. It got me thinking...would you buy reprints like the John Romita Book by IDW http://comicrelated.com/news/14956/

This new format has been around since the Ultimate Sandman Omnibus' have been coming out. Or if you want to get really technical since the Treasury Editions of comics. So it can and has been done. Not cheaply...but it has been done. My personal opinion is that I would if it would bring out the original vision of the artist. Remember, comics are only about half the size of what the original art that was created for the comic book. I would probably buy reprints of the comics if they came in that form. What say you?
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

It's an interesting idea, but I'd have a problem finding storage space for them. Plus, a lot of the older art was designed for the reduction and doesn't look that much better at full size. So someone like Byrne tends to look light and empty at it's original size. Some stuff WOULD look good; guys like Truman and Ron Smith.... but for most the crisper printing at the smaller size is all you'd need. That's something I noticed with the Essentials/Showcase reprints; a bunch of the silver age guys look SO MUCH better in black and white, without the cheap colour printing muddying up their stuff.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎