Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Why do I think we're going to get some cool Superman punching death rays action, ala the first Fleischer short?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Operation:Mego
      I'm the Star Spangled Man
      • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Why do I think we're going to get some cool Superman punching death rays action, ala the first Fleischer short?

Chris
      Maybe because almost every trailer has shown him going up against a death ray? And that's cool if that's were they got that idea from.
      sigpic
      The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Fan-made mash-up of similar themes from the various MOS trailers/commercials. Warning: It does contain Smallville segments!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Does anyone else get the vibe they're pitting Jor-El against Jonathan as far as how Kal should behave on Earth?
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Fan-made mash-up of similar themes from the various MOS trailers/commercials. Warning: It does contain Smallville segments!

Chris
            As if I needed anything to remind me how big a Superman fan I am... ha ha Seriously though, the depth of my Supes fandom surprises myself even sometimes.

Great seeing that vid!
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
              You know me. I keep hoping for a Terminator aspect, where Kryptonian remnants become Brainiac, Metallo and Bizarro.

What I really want to know, is what is the war on Krypton about? You have Zod and crew totally armored up...
              i wouldn't be surprised if a main political issue on Krypton has to do with Kryptonian superiority. It's funny because the term "Superman" keys into Nazi ideaology already.

As I said above... I feel Jonathan is becoming more of a vital role in him being the flipside of Jor-El as far as their son assimilating to society.

Zod and Jor-El have ALWAYS had a past history of being on the same side at first, and then splintering. At the moment, I forsee more of that in MOS.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Got my tickets for the June 13th, 7PM showing at Wal-Mart today. Our little town only had 2 people in line in front of me, right before 8. Of course I have to go to Lexington to see it, but I'm stoked.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

Yeah, I made a trip to Wally World, too, this morning. I walked up to the sales counter in electronics around 8:30 and asked if there were any tickets left. The associate just laughed and showed me an almost full box of passes.

I guess Wal-Mart will keep selling them until the opening or until they run out. I just hope the nimrods at my local theater don't double sell the tickets.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Did the associates have capes on? Everyone in our Electronics Dept. did. Looked like an adult version of the kids capes they are selling. I wanted one.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

If you bought the preview tickets at Wal-Mart, you get access to an exclusive MOS comic, written by David Goyer and drawn by Jerry Ordway.

Needless to say, I think this contains some spoilers. It's hard to say how much the events of this comic effect the movie itself, but if it doesn't pan out in this movie, I can see these seeds sprouting in a sequel for sure!

Go to www.vudu.com/manofsteel and enter the code on the back of your ticket.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jul 7, 2007

No capes, but they had donuts with cake-icing superman emblems on them.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

If you bought the preview tickets at Wal-Mart, you get access to an exclusive MOS comic, written by David Goyer and drawn by Jerry Ordway.

Needless to say, I think this contains some spoilers. It's hard to say how much the events of this comic effect the movie itself, but if it doesn't pan out in this movie, I can see these seeds sprouting in a sequel for sure!

Go to www.vudu.com/manofsteel and enter the code on the back of your ticket.

Chris
                            Is the comic a prequel to the film?
                            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jul 7, 2007

^No wonder Lex hates Kryptonians.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡