• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Preview: New Captain America

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Director Stark ? Meh,..... So he's gonna shine his suit on everyone, then shoot them to death..., so when's Steve comming back ?
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

You think they are using enough black? Looks like high priced toilet paper to me. Someone really needs to tell Alex Ross to step back.

Bob

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Had it been anybody else but Bucky, taking Steve's place...I had planned to cancel the Book! But...I guess I wait a little longer, and try and give it a chance.
        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

I'm enjoying Brubaker's run so I'll stick with it and see where it goes. As far as the costume, I like Alex Ross but sometimes I think his design work is hit and miss. This one is a miss...

But maybe they're doing that to keep the real deal costume for when Steve Rogers eventually returns....
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

It's all about the T-shirts and Toys kiddies nothing more......I love Cap and this book has been solid....and he's had worse Costumes and artist...hello Nomad..Rob liefield ugh! I like the costume. Cap is my fav read won't dump it......

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
              Pat Troughton in disguise
              • Nov 21, 2007

Do ya think they'll get Mephisto to bring Steve Rogers back????
              ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• joshvox
                Clown Prince of Crime
                • Mar 21, 2006

I don't read this title, I'm a DC guy, but I sort of like the new look. Nothing I'd like to see permanently though.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  I'm enjoying Brubaker's run so I'll stick with it and see where it goes. As far as the costume, I like Alex Ross but sometimes I think his design work is hit and miss. This one is a miss...

But maybe they're doing that to keep the real deal costume for when Steve Rogers eventually returns....
                  This pretty much sums up my feelings as well.

This costume definitely needed another pass now that I see how it looks in action.

Brubaker's writing is top notch however. Despite the absence of Steve Rogers himself, the supporting cast and villians have never been written as strongly and as well defined as they have been in this run. I think we're looking at a pretty definitive run here. Even moreso than Englehart of Steranko's tenures.

I kind of wish they went back to fine chainmail myself. I was also never fond of The Shield's costume, which is kind of evoked here.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by starbuk
                    So WHO is this guy ?
                    And whats his tie to the Cap Id ?
                    He is Steve Rogers' former sidekick James Buchanon "Bucky" Barnes, AKA The Winter Soldier.

Reluctantly taking on the mantle because it was Steve Rogers' request from beyond the grave.

There has been much controversy over bringing him back, but if anyone deserves to wear the uniform, it's the man who was groomed for it. If Batman does kick the bucket hypothetically, I don't think most folks would have too much complaint if Dick Grayson become Batman.

I wonder if there would be any controversy if The Falcon became Captain America? He'd be the only other candidate I can think of that truly deserves it, although I know some folks that would pull for Hawkeye as seen in the pages of Fallen Son.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Just wait till Ross shines up Batman with his new design for him.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by samurainoir

There has been much controversy over bringing him back, but if anyone deserves to wear the uniform, it's the man who was groomed for it. If Batman does kick the bucket hypothetically, I don't think most folks would have too much complaint if Dick Grayson become Batman.

I would NOT buy another Bat Book Until Bruce came back. Intersting thought though, With the Previous rumor ...., & after reading Wizard they had an Article on Final Crissis,.. & Well they state that Jason Todd will be huge in the story. So if the Previous rumor is not true now,.. Whats gonaa be so huge for Todd then.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                          The Packaging King
                          • Dec 31, 2004

My local comics store has a nice poster of the new Cap (by Ross?) pointing a gun at the viewer on their door.....nice for the kids to see right as they walk in the joint!

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ Yeah it's Marvel's new Sales Pitch.. Make Yours Marvel or else.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Good one, J!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎