Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Would love to hear some feedback from those who have already seen it. I would be curious to know how it's being received.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

I'm looking forward to this because I've never read this version of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I know Rocket, Nebula and Drax from other comics, but not as a team with Star Lord and not really fleshed out at all. So I'm going into this with no baseline or expectation, which unlike any super hero movie I've ever seen.

Jimmy Kimmel had the cast on the other night and it was really funny listening to Chris Pratt talk about messing up shots in the movie because when he was shooting his blaster, he was making sound effects with his mouth. He said he's never pointed a plastic laser gun at something without making laser noises and that it feels wrong not to do it.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Disney is also getting ESPN in on the promotions. Saw one with those SportsCenter spots.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I'm in love with Zoe Saldana...she can assassinate me any time, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• osker55
            Booyaaa
            • Aug 8, 2011

Yeah I'm digging this movie a lot I even bought the rocket raccoon marvel legend figure the other day pretty sweet and it a baf parts for groot which the voice is going to be vin diesel which I thought it was funny
            Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
            AHI wolfman moc
            Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
            Kresge moc WGSH
            Other stuff to update

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Catch me in the Kyln. I worked as one of the Prisoners in there, so you might see me wondering around in there, lol.

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

"Guardians of the Galaxy" - currently 100% on RT!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/guar...of_the_galaxy/
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

NO SPOILERS!!!

Just saw it. Much more lighthearted than Marvel's previous releases. Very enjoyable. You will laugh, good kids crossover for those of you with very small ones just starting to enjoy super heroes. Just some tidbits here to start the conversation rolling. Wasn't sure if I was gonna like Yondu. He was the basis of my GotG. Michael Rooker did it fine. Thanos was dead on. No misty looking Galactus here. You will be pleased. Intro to the Kree Empire, the Nova Empire, Ronin the Accuser, Nebula, and of course Thanos. As revealed at the SDCC, they have already committed evidently to a second movie. It's pretty much stated before the credits roll, that they will return.

The finale. As all Marvel movies stay after the credits. I had heard from some sources, what the ending was, and didn't believe it. They were dead on. Not sure how I feel about it. You'll understand when you see it. Some may not even recognize it. Several at the theatre had no clue. It was obscure to say the least.

Enjoyed it a lot. Let the reviews roll as they come.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• spacecaps
                    Second Mouse
                    • Aug 24, 2011

This is my last hope that summer movies can still be good. Fingers crossed...I;ll be seeing it tomorrow......
                    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by megocrazy
                      NO SPOILERS!!!

Just saw it. Much more lighthearted than Marvel's previous releases. Very enjoyable. You will laugh, good kids crossover for those of you with very small ones just starting to enjoy super heroes. Just some tidbits here to start the conversation rolling. Wasn't sure if I was gonna like Yondu. He was the basis of my GotG. Michael Rooker did it fine. Thanos was dead on. No misty looking Galactus here. You will be pleased. Intro to the Kree Empire, the Nova Empire, Ronin the Accuser, Nebula, and of course Thanos. As revealed at the SDCC, they have already committed evidently to a second movie. It's pretty much stated before the credits roll, that they will return.

The finale. As all Marvel movies stay after the credits. I had heard from some sources, what the ending was, and didn't believe it. They were dead on. Not sure how I feel about it. You'll understand when you see it. Some may not even recognize it. Several at the theatre had no clue. It was obscure to say the least.

Enjoyed it a lot. Let the reviews roll as they come.
                      Around the time of Spidey 2, I heard from a friend what the post-credit was and I said BS. I still don't believe it.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

How is the 'kid friendly-ness of this' - say compared to Avengers?

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by rche
                          How is the 'kid friendly-ness of this' - say compared to Avengers?
                          Much more. Lots of laughs. Thanos is scary, to maybe a 4 year old. Ronin is kinda brutal, but this was much more subtle and had a lot of kid style humour. Not necessarily what I want to see all the time, but a nice change of pace. I enjoyed it a lot. Bringing my friends 4 year old in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how he handles it. I really think this could have been a great animated movie too.
                          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

I just got back from a midnight IMAX showing of guardians and wow did we enjoy that movie!

I'll be going back to see it again for sure. Lots of action and fun and just a well done movie. I think it's a home run for Marvel.

Regarding kids seeing it, there's violence but nothing over the top. There's PG type language etc...

I regrettably had heard about the extra at the end of the credits and yes it's kinda wild.

Now off to sleep....
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Emeraldknight and I are off to see it tonight, so I can't wait!

Comment

• pmwasson
                                Maker
                                • Sep 12, 2007

I hope to see it tonight or tomorrow. I'll probably go on a media black-out until then.
                                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎