X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Just downloaded the soundtrack!!!

Clem... was that really you in the movie?
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• clemso
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 8, 2001

Yes, i am one of the Kyln Prisoners. The Prison shoot was at Longcross studios. Amazing how little they used of the Prison shoot in the end.

Originally posted by boss
      Just downloaded the soundtrack!!!

Clem... was that really you in the movie?

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

What age would you say is good for this movie? Common Sense Media says 12, that seems old to me. Fairly bloodless violence. We are pretty cautious with our almost 7 year old.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by MegoScott
          What age would you say is good for this movie? Common Sense Media says 12, that seems old to me. Fairly bloodless violence. We are pretty cautious with our almost 7 year old.
          There is a little language, the extended "flipping the bird" sequence, a little innuendo, and (as you said) bloodless violence. The stuff with the mother, and with the bad thing that happens to one of the good guys (purposefully vague to avoid spoilers) may be too much for younger kids.

I think 9 or 10 year olds would be fine. 7 would be more of a judgement call. Honestly with my son, who is 6, my biggest fear is him doing the finger bit at school.

Comment

• spacecaps
            Second Mouse
            • Aug 24, 2011

The very beginning of this was pretty rough. I mean sitting there with my eight year old it was a little uncomfortable. There were scenes ripped right from other movies (Starlord as Indiana Jones getting the orb/idol, talking to Thanos through bigheaded holograms like the Emperor, and even the aforementioned opening scene was lifted right from the last Terminator movie.) That said, who cares, this was hands down the vest movie of the summer. It never took itself too serious and never got too goofy wither. It felt like a live action version of Titan AE and Chris Pratt is probably going to be huge after this. It's like this character was made specifically for his personality. Rocket was awesome and if they don't market a dancing potted Groot toy, Marvel really missed the boat. Thanos was awesome too and I can't wait to see him actually do something in future films and the soundtrack was perfect. The music was like a character in its own right and it really set the mood for the film. I also loved the end scene credits which I did not know about going in. I also thought this film was unapologetically violent but it worked. The one downside to the film for me was Michael Rooker. How did he get cast? Was he supposed to be like a redneck alien or something? He's got to be the most one dimensional actor going. Even though his presence was distracting as Merle in space, the movie was the most entertaining thing I've watched in theaters all summer.
            "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

Michael Rooker is one of James Gunn's best pals. James Gunn Wrote that Yondu part especially for Rooker and his brother Sean Gunn, plays Yondu's sidekick

Originally posted by spacecaps
              The very beginning of this was pretty rough. I mean sitting there with my eight year old it was a little uncomfortable. There were scenes ripped right from other movies (Starlord as Indiana Jones getting the orb/idol, talking to Thanos through bigheaded holograms like the Emperor, and even the aforementioned opening scene was lifted right from the last Terminator movie.) That said, who cares, this was hands down the vest movie of the summer. It never took itself too serious and never got too goofy wither. It felt like a live action version of Titan AE and Chris Pratt is probably going to be huge after this. It's like this character was made specifically for his personality. Rocket was awesome and if they don't market a dancing potted Groot toy, Marvel really missed the boat. Thanos was awesome too and I can't wait to see him actually do something in future films and the soundtrack was perfect. The music was like a character in its own right and it really set the mood for the film. I also loved the end scene credits which I did not know about going in. I also thought this film was unapologetically violent but it worked. The one downside to the film for me was Michael Rooker. How did he get cast? Was he supposed to be like a redneck alien or something? He's got to be the most one dimensional actor going. Even though his presence was distracting as Merle in space, the movie was the most entertaining thing I've watched in theaters all summer.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

Saw it this afternoon because of all the good word of mouth, and I'm glad I did. Great movie. Just the right tone.

I wish Marvel Studios could do DC superhero movies.

Comment

• boss
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 18, 2003

Very cool. Did you meet Nathan Fillion?

Originally posted by clemso
                  Yes, i am one of the Kyln Prisoners. The Prison shoot was at Longcross studios. Amazing how little they used of the Prison shoot in the end.

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

Nathan Fillion wasn't there and he is not in the movie either. Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel were not there either, as they added their voices later on.

Originally posted by boss
                    Very cool. Did you meet Nathan Fillion?

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

My bad. I saw his name in the credits as some monster in the prison.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                        Superman's Pal
                        • Jun 17, 2005

Nathan Fillion was the big blue prisoner that Groot picked up by the nostrils.

Comment

• boss
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 18, 2003

Ah. Thanks Steve.

Comment

• clemso
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 8, 2001

Well it must have been just his voice then, because i watched that whole scene being made.

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                            Nathan Fillion was the big blue prisoner that Groot picked up by the nostrils.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Guardians scored $94 mill this weekend! AWESOME!!!

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

I hope word of mouth makes it gross a zillion dollars to send a message to Zac Snyder, David Goyer, and all the dour poopie pants Suits and Nolanites that there's another way to make a comic book movie. Maybe we can emerge from the dark age of soulless superhero films.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎