Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Human Fly- The Movie...you'll believe a man can fly (on the back of an airplane)!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

The Human Fly- The Movie...you'll believe a man can fly (on the back of an airplane)!

Always enjoyed this quirky little '70s series, mostly for the Frank Robbins & Lee Elias art. I'm guessing that this will not focus on The Fly as a superhero, but more on bio of the the pepperoni brothers inventing him. Watch the video to understand that, and wait for the Fly's bus jump.

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

be great if this were part of the second leg of the Avengers franchise.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

I dug that comic when I was in middle school I loved Frank Robbins art....especially when he was on the Invaders...

Comment

• Type Two
        Career Member
        • Sep 20, 2010

I don't see how this could be made unless Rojatt (the original, real-life Human Fly) either signed away media rights to Marvel back in the '70s or is also being compensated (I hope for the latter).

Edit: I watched the short movie "Human Fly 101" and am still unclear as to who owns the actual character "The Human Fly." Rojatt worked as a stuntman for the company the pepperoni guy started, but who owns the Fly?
        Last edited by Type Two; Jun 28, '12, 10:29 AM.
        Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

I took it to be the pepperoni brothers as they hired the guy to do stunts, then decided to dress him up (I like when the brother says if he screws up we throw hiom in the river & put somebody else in the suit.)

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

What amazing news. I loved this character in the 70's but never thought he would make it to the big screen. Now if they can get Nova and Werewolf by Night there, I will be in seventh heaven.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I bought the comic a few times but the whole "because he's real!" tagline confused me as I never saw the character outside of the comic.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎