Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the easiest way to sell my collection?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apositive
    Career Member
    • Apr 3, 2011

What's the easiest way to sell my collection?

I had a sizable collection of comics (3000+), I started selling them in character-based lots on ebay last year just to get rid of them. I'm not surprised that they didn't fetch a whole lot of money given the economy and the bite ebay and paypal take.
    After selling a few hundred...I'm thinking there must be a better way...I know a lot are not worth anything at all....
    What would be the easiest way to sell the remainder?
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The easiest way would be to walk into a local comic shop and sell them, but you are going to probably take a big hit on them. I think most comic shops have a policy about buying in bulk, and only give you so much money per comic, no matter the content.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• RickD
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 31, 2011

craigslist ad maybe?

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

I would suggest finding out if there are any local comic/toy shows and setting up a table. Much more flexibilty rather than having one fixed price/starting bid on Ebay.

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Sorry to say, many comic shops aren't buying at this time unless you have comics from 1975 and before or some key issues. There really isn't a market for newer material because of trade paperbacks and many of the comic shops have back stock dating back to the 80s if they actually deal in back issues.

I'd sell the key issues on ebay as you've probably already done. Hold on to them if you can and maybe when the economy picks up, you might have some luck. Donate them to charities for kids or even soldiers over seas.

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

I knew of A Few Military Dudes that had thier GirlFriends/Wives send over Comicbooks to read. Met More in Comicbook shops too. I thought it was Fantastic.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Craigslist is probably the way to go with those.

Comment

• Riffster
                Atomic batteries to power
                • Jun 29, 2008

most shops will pay approx $20 for a full long box
                Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

I would do what was recommended. Take any key issues and sell on Ebay. Everything else, sell on Craigslist, comic shops, give to Goodwill, etc. It just won't be worth your time to try to parse out comics that really aren't worth anything from a collector's standpoint. If you have continuous issues of a particular comic....it might be worth placing that continuous run up on Ebay. There may be a collector out there like me who has a fair amount of the older Amazing Spider-Man comics (in my case) but not too many of the newer ones. I would probably buy a particular lot like that if I were looking to fill in missing gaps from my collection.
                  "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎