X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Hulk TV Series Back In Development

I know it's been on-again and off-again, but ABC announced a Hulk TV series was back in development. Today we are having the upfronts for ABC where they introduce the few shows and fall schedule. During a conference call about it, the head of ABC Entertainment, Paul Lee, said they were shooting for a series, but not for at least another year.

Who knows if it will come to fruition, but I will be curious to see how they do it. I highly doubt it will be like the Bixby series, but in order to be successful, I think it's pretty obvious you need to develop the Banner character. And call him Bruce.

He wasn't specific, but he did mention the possibility of mining other Marvel properties for TV shows.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I would to see a new HULK series if it were done WELL, but I also can't see MARVEL or DISNEY wanting to dilute the draw of a character from THE AVENGERS by putting him on the television on a weekly basis. It's kind of the same scenario that DC has with BATMAN. He's such a huge big-screen draw, they didn't/don't want to do anything with him on the small screen. Granted, The Hulk's movies have never done a fraction of what the BATMAN franchise has done, but he IS part of a movie that's breaking records, so MARVEL and DISNEY might want to confine ol' Greenskin to the big screen...
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

^^^^^ Strike when the Iron is Hot....I'd like to see a weekly TV show of the Hulk.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Hope Del Toro is still involved.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

On a related note, the Punisher show is dead again...
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

And on an even more related note, General Franscisco Franco is still dead.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

It would interesting if they tried to connect a new TV Hulk with the old one. Perhaps a relative to David Banner?

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                Hope Del Toro is still involved.
                I was just sitting five feet away from him tonight, about half an hour ago.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by samurainoir
                  I was just sitting five feet away from him tonight, about half an hour ago.
                  Name-dropper!

Comment

• ctc
                    Fear the monkeybat!
                    • Aug 16, 2001

>Punisher show is dead again...

But it'll be revived with Frankenstein-esque parts.

I can see the appeal of a Hulk tv show, now that they've already got the CGI vectors programmed. It'd be neat if he fought actual super-baddies in this one; unlike the old one where he caught cattle rustlers and stuff.

Don C.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by ctc
                      >Punisher show is dead again...

But it'll be revived with Frankenstein-esque parts.

I can see the appeal of a Hulk tv show, now that they've already got the CGI vectors programmed. It'd be neat if he fought actual super-baddies in this one; unlike the old one where he caught cattle rustlers and stuff.

Don C.
                      In the new one, He battles Hipsters who sip Java and play on their Ipads all day.......

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                        I'm the Star Spangled Man
                        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                        In the new one, He battles Hipsters who sip Java and play on their Ipads all day.......
                        The Incredible Hulk takes on the greatest threat in the world...they don't care about anything....they think everything is 'whatever'...they are...hipsters.
                        sigpic
                        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎